Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I kill messages

How can I kill messages with empty field: from < >?
Some one have an idea?

3 Replies 3

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

This would violate SMTP RFCs since mail systems MUST accept messages with an empty envelope sender. Check the Advanced User Guide, Chapter 2, Ironport Bounce Verification.

If you turn on Bounce Verification (BATV), the appliance will 'tag' outgoing messages so that it will be able to recognize legitimate bounces and discard messages that appear to be bounces but did not originate on your system.

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Also, a requirement for BATV to work correctly is that outbound mail from the internal mailserver going to the Internet needs to be relayed through the Ironport appliance to work.

This would violate SMTP RFCs since mail systems MUST accept messages with an empty envelope sender. Check the Advanced User Guide, Chapter 2, Ironport Bounce Verification.

If you turn on Bounce Verification (BATV), the appliance will 'tag' outgoing messages so that it will be able to recognize legitimate bounces and discard messages that appear to be bounces but did not originate on your system.

Thank's to all :D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: