cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can you increase the screen space used by IronPort for more info?

jbranch
Level 1
Level 1

I guess I just keep finding little things about our new Ironport device that I would hope would be easy to change. We used our previous anti-spam server for 7+ years and one thing it did well was give the Administrator a good feel for a message's content with just a simple glance. What I notice about the Ironport is that it doesn't manage screen real estate very well. The biggest complaint I've had from my staff is when manually working the queues, they have to hover their mouse over each email subject to actually get the entire message line. Meanwhile, 50% of their screens are unused. Please see the attached screenshot for reference. Is there a way to stretch these fields out? It would help us manage the queues a lot faster if we didn't have to "touch" each mail message manually, and could see the entire subject line.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

HI Josh,

Currently there is not a way you can change the layout of the screens. You can change the number of items displayed for message tracking but the size of the fields displayed can not be changed at this time. I would be happy to create a feature request so that this functionality can be considered for addition to an upcoming release.

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

Thanks for the reply. I would absolutely like to request this. It would make managing mail queues so much easier. Nothng like having a ton of blank space on my screen and 1/3 of an email subject line to analyze. I would think this would be a very simple web coding change.

Josh, this was my first gripe when I moved to IronPort toward the end of 2008; I forget the version of Asyncos we were on then. Remember that the design philosophy (as I'm given to understand it) is that you shouldn't have to nursemaid it as much as some other gateways, though achieving that is more a question of developing robust mail policies than simply plugging in the device and running the setup wizard.

I found the Asyncos GUI a bit of a pain to work with for header analysis, but I've adapted over time. It's only an annoyance now when you need to see an attachment file name that scrolls across three or four screen widths, and by comparison SharePoint gives me more grief in that department (we're on a paleolithic version here).

For some things we send a copy of quarantined items out to a dedicated mailbox only accessible by staff monitoring our gateways; for more details see my posting in your thread "Can't View Video Files Attached To Emails".