Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to analyse messages treatment

Hi all,

I have to provide figures about time it takes to ironport appliances to treat messages.

For the moment i am using Mail Flow Central or follow ICIDs, MIDs, DCIDs in ironport logs.

Is someone using a script or a tool that can track that information.

Regards

3 Replies 3

I'm interested as well. What we are looking for is to measure message processing latency through a series of x1050's to verify conformance to service levels. Ideal would be a dashboard application. MFC does not scale well for us.

nilesh_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am Nilesh Bhandari, the Product Manager responsible for the email security appliance platform. We have roadmapped a new report displaying the average time spent in the workqueue (after the 250 ok is given) to truly reflect the time spent on the ESA. The expected timeframe for this feature addition is most likely early 2008. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

We have roadmapped a new report displaying the average time spent in the workqueue

What about the delivery queue? I realize that delivery problems are not usually the fault of the ESA, but it would still be useful to have a full "end to end" latency time. It would need to show the work queue time and the delivery queue time separately, of course.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: