Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to integrate a alternate dest. host but without overriding spam-quarantine

Hi folks,

we have two C160 (current asyncos: 7.6.3-019) in a cluster with a centralized management and spam quarantine. (M160)

I had to integrate a new domain of a sub company and forward these traffic to their own MTA.

I created incoming content filters matching this domain to send to alternate host.

This works fine, but they actually getting all the spam messages also.

Messages are tagged with [SPAM] but forwarded and not quarantined.

How can I put the spam into the centralized spam quarantine like all other default spam mails?

Thanks,

Rg A. Schreiber

Ironport Help:

Send to Alternate Destination Host

Mail host. Changes the destination mail host for the message to the specified mail   host.

Note

This action prevents a     message classified as spam by an anti-spam scanning     engine from being quarantined. This action overrides the quarantine and     sends it to the specified mail host.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Don't use an alternate host...

To add a domain you just need to do these 2 things on the ESA..

1. Select Network/SMTP Routes. Add a route to the domain, pointing it the mail transport boxes for the new company
  2. Go to Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to Accept. Commit the change.

You may need to add SMTP routes for your other domains if in the past you just dumped everything to your internal email servers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Don't use an alternate host...

To add a domain you just need to do these 2 things on the ESA..

1. Select Network/SMTP Routes. Add a route to the domain, pointing it the mail transport boxes for the new company
  2. Go to Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to Accept. Commit the change.

You may need to add SMTP routes for your other domains if in the past you just dumped everything to your internal email servers.

Hi Ken,

thanks, it works.

(I´ve already done these steps, but I wasn´t sure if it was enough and created the unnecessary policy additional.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: