cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I've adquired licenses C160 for email security. What are they for?

Our client has been told in a official Cisco course that the IronPort C160 doesn't restrict the number of mail inboxes (by licenses). I made the same question to the Cisco TAC and they told us that it will be still working.

I want to know what could be the technical limitations or consequences on using a 200 Email Security license for 1000 users.

Will it be still working properly as an antispam, encrypter and antivirus? Or it will only work for email inboxes? I've adquired 200 licenses C160 for email security. What are they for?

Thanks for your support,

Fiorella

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Fiorella,

Cisco IronPort does not have any limitation of mailboxes for anything AsyncOS related, i.e. receiving, sending, filters. However, the appliances also have services installed that come from third party vendors, such as Sophos and McAfee for antivirus, RSA for DLP, and so on. Those companies have license models where the actual price depends on the number of mailboxes used, and this is reflected in your contract. As there are no mailboxes on the appliance itself, this is more of a legal topic than a technical one.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Fiorella,

Cisco IronPort does not have any limitation of mailboxes for anything AsyncOS related, i.e. receiving, sending, filters. However, the appliances also have services installed that come from third party vendors, such as Sophos and McAfee for antivirus, RSA for DLP, and so on. Those companies have license models where the actual price depends on the number of mailboxes used, and this is reflected in your contract. As there are no mailboxes on the appliance itself, this is more of a legal topic than a technical one.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your answer. I'll consider that information when talking to our client.

Regards!

Fiorella

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: