Views
Helpful
Replies

Impossible to join Cluster

quentinperceval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to create a cluster with two ESA C370 with AsyncOS 8.0.1 (we will call its ESA1 and ESA2).

If I create the cluster on ESA1, and make ESA2 joining (over SSH or CCS), no problem.

But if ESA1 leave the cluster and want to come back, I have the following lines (and it kill my CLI) :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/build/iproot/ap/ipoe/ipoe/bootstrap.py", line 55, in <module>
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 41720, in <module>
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 30312, in main
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38274, in do_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38536, in main_input_run
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38298, in run_func
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 1301, in clusterconfig_batch
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 39012, in cluster_ssh_related_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 39030, in ssh_interactive_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/shared/SSH.py", line 24, in do_ssh_related_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/shared/UI.py", line 29, in call
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/command_client.py", line 242, in call
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

I tried several ways to join over SSH or CCS, and rebooting the appliance, but I still have the same problem.

I need both my ESA be able to leave and join the cluster to export my configuration (cf. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12065191/re-restore-cluster-configuration)

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Quentin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually when we see that traceback error - it is tied to an improper reboot of the appliance.  This may not be correctable on that appliance, and may require an RMA of the appliance.  This error is a little more severe to work through forums.  Can you open a support case and have this be looked into through the proper chain?

-Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually when we see that traceback error - it is tied to an improper reboot of the appliance.  This may not be correctable on that appliance, and may require an RMA of the appliance.  This error is a little more severe to work through forums.  Can you open a support case and have this be looked into through the proper chain?

-Robert

Thank you for your answer, I just openned a support case.

Quentin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: