Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort antispam

We are beta testing the efficacy of IronPort antispam with a few users. Is there anywhere I can get more information or advice on how to adjust the threshhold parameters?

matthew

2 Replies 2

Are you finding it better or less effective than Brightmail?

The Brightmail BLOC is starting to lose the battle against the smarter spammers - eg picture only spams and the HTML table ones.

(sorry I didn't answer your question)

Matt, my recommendation is to start with the default settings of 90 for spam positive and 50 for suspected spam.

The spam threshold of 90 is calibrated to have a comparable false-positive rate to Brightmail, so most customers using IronPort Anti-Spam today are comfortable just dropping messages with a score > 90.

The suspected spam threshold is slightly more aggressive than Brightmail, so I would recommend keeping it at 50 but taking a more benign action on the messages like tagging the subject & delivering. If you want to be on the safe side, you can also start testing with a suspected spam threshold of 75.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: