Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport appliance - admin password

jancescut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've changed the admin password for Ironport that runs as a virtual machine and unfortunatelly somehow forgot to save it in the password vault (yeah, it's a complex password with a length of more than 14 characters). Is there a way to reset the admin password to default value ?

Many thanks,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jan -

So, when you are on the CLI - you run 'version' and you get disconnected?  So - no output returns?  Do you have admin account access to the vESA?

What about on the GUI - do you see the S/N on the Monitor -> System Status screen?  Version info is in the upper right output box on the page.

If that doesn't work - can you 'mailconfig' and send a copy of the configuration to yourself?  You should get the .XML file, and open w/ normal text application - and then be able to see the product information at the top of the .XML:

example:

You can also accomplish this on the GUI, System Administration -> Configuration File -> Email File To:

Hope that helps.

-Robert

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ironport99
Level 1
Level 1

Jan,

I had to log a call with support and get them to remote to my server so they could reset the password.

Regards,

Daryl

brusso
Level 1
Level 1

Correct Daryl, please contact support for an admin password reset.

When submitting a case please ssh into the device and run the "version" command and submit this in your ticket for quickest processing.

You can create a case online at https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

Thank you,

Blake Russo

Thank you both for quick reply.

@Blake: when I run version from a ssh session (a custom user role without admin rights but can change some settings) I get instantly disconnected.

Jan,

Just submit your devices serial number when creating a ticket.

~Blake

Where can I find the serial number ? Let me remind you that the Ironport is running as a virtual appliance.

Jan -

So, when you are on the CLI - you run 'version' and you get disconnected?  So - no output returns?  Do you have admin account access to the vESA?

What about on the GUI - do you see the S/N on the Monitor -> System Status screen?  Version info is in the upper right output box on the page.

If that doesn't work - can you 'mailconfig' and send a copy of the configuration to yourself?  You should get the .XML file, and open w/ normal text application - and then be able to see the product information at the top of the .XML:

example:

You can also accomplish this on the GUI, System Administration -> Configuration File -> Email File To:

Hope that helps.

-Robert

I found the serial number in the configuration file. In the GUI I couldn't find anything under Version Information (status: Unavailable).

Now I can finally open a support case.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Br,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: