Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport C150 Mystery Shutdown

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our C150 running 6.4.0-273 switched off on its own today, and we have no idea why. When we switched it back on again, it worked fine and so far no problems. It's been running perfectly normal for a long time (many months) and we've never had this problem before.

Is there a logfile we can check somewhere that could indicate the cause of the shutdown?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The actual operating system logfiles that would contain evidence of reboot reasons are only accessible via the IronPort Remote Access tunnel to technical support.

To diagnose issues such as a mysterious reboot, it would be best to open a ticket with support@ironport.com describing the issue so they can help troubleshoot the reboot.

-whardison

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I've done just that. For some reason I was under the impression that I could read those old logfiles myself.

jarends
Level 1
Level 1

Might this be caused by an incidenticaly pressing of the power button on the appliance?

I've seen this happen before at a customer site were somebody pressed the button by accident, resulting in a (gracefull)shutdown/powerdown.

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Might this be caused by an incidenticaly pressing of the power button on the appliance?

Customer support said that:
After looking through your support request and looking through the system via remote access, the only thing we found was a process that locked up and caused the reboot. This should not happen often at all. Please keep an eye on the system and let us know if it reboots unexpectedly again.

I emailed them back saying that whatever did it caused a shutdown and not a reboot, and asking if that is normal.

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Got a reply

No, That should not happen again, it looks like an isolated occurrence as far as the logs show.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: