Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort Cloud - updates and truncated subjects in quarantine

JEFFREY SESSLER
Level 1
Level 1

Two questsions.

1) We've been using the "cloud" version of IronPort for the last eight months. I see that we're running version 7.x, so at what point does Cisco/Ironport typically upgrade cloud customers to new releases?

2) Version 7.x has a terrible problem with user on-line quarantines in that it truncates "Subject" and "From" severely. I see mention in this forum that this is appears to be resolved in 8.x, but no indication if if was ever fixed in 7.x. Was this issue ever fixed in a later version of 7.x?

4 Replies 4

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

#1) "Cloud" = ROS/Hosted. The Hosted environment operates on a maintenance schedule based on the customers on the platforms they provide.  So - they try to provide 99.999% uptime.  The frequency to the AsyncOS revisions varies.  Upgrades are scheduled and performed according to Cisco’s upgrade schedule.  You would be best suited to open a ROS/Hosted case to best answer the question:

ROS Service Desk:   US Toll Free: 866-616-5139, UK Toll Free: 080-101-1359,  International: 512-340-3775

#2) More than likely no.  If you are relying on the Hosted OS revisoin, this may not be addressed until the are ready to roll forward the OS revisions to 8.X.  If you had a specific defect ID - you can look it up in our bug search:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/

But - again - keep in mind that the releases and targeted fixes do not apply directly to Hosted customers.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

I'm on 7.6.1 and I see this.  I don't know if that's enough of a fix...

Capture.PNG

I do believe you are referring to the column length and display information... that is only corrected as of 8.x:

ISQ_subject_column.png

Yes, that's the issue I speak of. IronPort is 1000x better than Postini (what it replaced) with the exception of the Quarentine display. The "hover over subject" is a weak band-aid, and our end-users complain that the display problem makes it harder to manage the quarantine (which I agree with).

The Quarantine emails are much better as they don't truncate as much, but once you're on-line, it's terrible.

I'll open a ticket with ROS and see what they have to say regarding a fix/update for this.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: