Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort Plug-in for Outlook 2010 64bit

beth.cornwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know when the IronPort Outlook Plug-in will support a PC that is configured with Windows7 and Outlook 2010 64 bit?

Thanks

Beth

9 Replies 9

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Beth,

What is the plugin expected to do ? Are you referring to images being displayed in outlook which are blocked as they are being prompted by the WSA for authentication ? If not please provide me with more information in regards to this plugin.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

Hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

Support Portal: http://www.cisco.com/web/ironport/index.html

Toll-Free Customer Support

United States: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

International: http://www.cisco.com/web/ironport/contacts.html

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Erik,

She is talking about a 64-bit version of the Cisco Ironport Email Security Plugin that allows you report email as spam or not spam.

Beth:  I wouldn't hold your breath of the 64-bit plugin.  When the previous version was released a tech I spoke with said they had no plans for 64-bit version.  However since the new release (7.2.0.039) you may want to call tech support and talk to someone.

I had to do that this morning to get a 32-bit version of 7.2.0.039 because we have C150 but they are not listed on the download site anymore hence I could not download the current version.

Jamie

Jamie, 

Thanks so much.   That is exactly what I was talking about.  I spoke with a tech a couple weeks ago and she told me that support for 64-bit would be added in version 7.2.  We have a C170,  so I was able to easily download 7.2.0.039 this morning.  But I was still unable to install on a PC with 64-bit Outlook. 

Erik, 

As Jamie mentioned above,  I hoping to find out when the Cisco IronPort Email Security Plugin that allows you to report spam and not spam, and allows users to easily encrypt a message with the click of a button will be availabe for a PC that is configured with Windows7 64-bit and Outlook 64-bit.

Thanks,
Beth

Beth,

We recognize the desire for the plugin to support 64-bit Outlook   2010, and it's currently tentatively slated for the next version (7.3). 7.3 hasn't been through our internal commit process yet, so  it's  conceivable support for 64-bit Outlook 2010 will be moved out, but everyone on the team  considers it a  high priority.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest opening a  support case and asking the support engineer to add a sighting for your  company to bug 74664. While we know there's a lot of interest, it doesn't hurt to add another sighting, and if we have to cut things, things with high customer interest are less likely to be cut.

Brian Matthews

Cisco IronPort Encryption Architect

Brian,

Thank you so much.  I will do that.

Beth

Me three!

Greg

We recognize the desire for the plugin to support 64-bit Outlook   2010, and it's currently tentatively slated for the next version (7.3). 7.3 hasn't been through our internal commit process yet, so  it's  conceivable support for 64-bit Outlook 2010 will be moved out, but everyone on the team  considers it a  high priority.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest opening a  support case and asking the support engineer to add a sighting for your  company to bug 74664. While we know there's a lot of interest, it doesn't hurt to add another sighting, and if we have to cut things, things with high customer interest are less likely to be cut.

Brian Matthews

Cisco IronPort Encryption Architect

Me 4!!! (and I'll ask at the CSS Forum too).

Zazzle IT
Level 1
Level 1

Any update to this?

Gregory Barton
Level 1
Level 1

It's been a year since this was first posted.  The plug-in version is still at 7.7.0.039.  Any update on this since it was mentioned that this is a priority for Cisco?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: