Ironport vs Fortimail

Hi

I need a competitive differentiators between Ironport and Fortimail

Regards

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know this is an old post,

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would chime in on the Fortimail vs Cisco Ironport.

At least from the bulletin fortimail on Fortigates, it is very limited in comparison. It seems like they simply added a feature just to say they have it. Now this may be fine for those with low mailflow that are only interested in basic spam filtering.

For me I really am more of an advanced email users, and find that Cisco Ironport is a lot more integrated with current spam and email technologies. Including SPF/DKIM/DMARC, as well as having multiple A/V options managed by different teams (defense in depth). They also do a good job with capturing most e-mail type attacks, while allowing an organization to customize this protection down to the mailbox. You will also find that ironport reporting features are a little more superior.

Now I don't have a problem with Fortinet, in fact I have experience and do like Fortigate firewalls, sorry Cisco but the ASA's have not been my favorite to work with to date.

3 REPLIES
Silver

hello - I have just moved

hello - I have just moved your post to the Topic forums - you had posted your question in an obscure, non-visible, promotional community.  Hopefully our community users will see your question now

I know this is an old post,

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would chime in on the Fortimail vs Cisco Ironport.

At least from the bulletin fortimail on Fortigates, it is very limited in comparison. It seems like they simply added a feature just to say they have it. Now this may be fine for those with low mailflow that are only interested in basic spam filtering.

For me I really am more of an advanced email users, and find that Cisco Ironport is a lot more integrated with current spam and email technologies. Including SPF/DKIM/DMARC, as well as having multiple A/V options managed by different teams (defense in depth). They also do a good job with capturing most e-mail type attacks, while allowing an organization to customize this protection down to the mailbox. You will also find that ironport reporting features are a little more superior.

Now I don't have a problem with Fortinet, in fact I have experience and do like Fortigate firewalls, sorry Cisco but the ASA's have not been my favorite to work with to date.

Hey Paul,I agree, you should

Hey Paul,

I agree, you should forget the SPAM feature on the FortiGate firewall. This features doesn't have a lot of options. However the dedicated FortiMail appliance is much more sophisticated. It supports all the current and advanced anti-spam features and technologies, like SPF/DKIM/DMARC, greylisting, TLS and more.

Recipient Validation using LDAP with Active Directory is also supported. You can also configure rules based on Windows Group membership of the mail recipient. Configure multiple anti-x actions, like discarding mail, sending a response to the sender, forwarding mail to a specific mailbox, place mail is system quarantine or place mail in user quarantine, where the end user has all the control over his own quarantine environment (personal black & white list and option to release or delete messages via web interface or one-click action via mail).

I guess you can compare Ironport and FortiMail as long as price isn't a vector in the comparison, because else I think that Ironport would loose.......

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content