Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP everything except 1 OU

Hi There,

I need a little assistance again after encountering a spam mail actually emailed one of our distribution group. Is there way to setup an LDAP query to work on every email address except for 1 OU (such as "Distribution Group" OU.)

Even a filter would be a nice workaround if anyone can offer some advice.

1 Reply 1

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have no Ironport example but I think you manage to add the Ironport specific stuff to it yourself.

A few examples:
This one does what you ask for. It includes all objects with “objectclass=person" and any value in the "mail=" attribute. except if the object is in a container that is named exludedUsers1 (anywhere in your directory)

(&
(objectclass=person)
(mail=*)
(!(ou:dn:=excludedUsers1))
)

The same but that with three excluded OU's

(&
(objectclass=person)
(mail=*)
(!(ou:dn:=excludedUsers1))
(!(ou:dn:=excludedUsers2))
(!(ou:dn:=excludedUsers3))
)

And the other way around, only is a user is in a container named " includerUsers1

(&
(objectclass=person)
(mail=*)
(ou:dn:=includedUsers1)
)

And to make it complete the same as the previous with multiple included ou’s.

(&
(objectclass=person)
(mail=*)
(|
(ou:dn:=includedUsers1)
(ou:dn:=includedUsers2)
(ou:dn:=includedUsers3)
)
)

These filters all take the complete DN and analyze it to see if there is a matching container in this DN.
This means (with the first example) that the objects in the container "/o=org,dc=dc1,ou=excludedUsers1" are excluded but also the objects in the container "/o=org,dc=dc2,ou=excludedUsers1"
If you want you can be more explicit in defining the path to exclude or include but I have no examples present for the moment.
If you really want I can find it out for you.

Note: for readability I formatted the filters over a few lines, you can simply remove all spaces and line brakes to place it in your single line searchfilter field in the GUI.

Good luck!

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: