Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Over Quota checks

Hi, currently I am utilizing 2 X1050s. I'm getting ready to add in an M1050. Has anyone (or is it possible) set these up to do over quota checks when the mail comes "in the front door?" I would like the M1050 to do the check so that it never gets down to my mailstores. Thanks for any help.

4 Replies 4

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

If you're referring to the pre-allocated quarantine space a recipient has on the M-1050 series and having the X1050's be aware of this available space, that's not currently possible.

The X1050 will just tag a message to be quarantined and then send it on to the M1050 and if the recipient's quarantine inbox is full, the oldest message will be pushed out to make room for the new message.

Let me know if this doesn't address your inquiry.

Hi, currently I am utilizing 2 X1050s.  I'm getting ready to add in an M1050.  Has anyone (or is it possible) set these up to do over quota checks when the mail comes "in the front door?" I would like the M1050 to do the check so that it never gets down to my mailstores.  Thanks for any help.

spfox_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I think the OP is referring to the user;s mailbox being over quota rather than their quarantine. I'm interested in this as well. Thanks!

Sorry it's been so long for me to get back to this!

Yes, mail is coming in our front door, passing through IronPort then when it gets allocated down to the mail stores it finds out the user is over quoata and then in just sits in our mail queue on the mail store. I was wondering if there was a way, when the mail comes in, for the Ironport M1050 to check LDAP, see if the user is over quota and take care of it there.

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Unfortunately, that feature is not currently available on the AsyncOS.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're looking for the ability for the M-series to verify or query the mailserver to see if the recipient/user has exceeded their mail quota space on the internal mailserver prior to releasing a quarantine message.

The future request would be that the M-series query the mailserver prior to releasing the quarantine message and seeing if the recipient's quota is near the red mark and close to filling up. Of course, it would have to be accomodating enough to support the major mailservers out there (i.e. Sendmail, Exchange, Domino, Groupwise, etc).

Sorry it's been so long for me to get back to this!

Yes, mail is coming in our front door, passing through IronPort then when it gets allocated down to the mail stores it finds out the user is over quoata and then in just sits in our mail queue on the mail store. I was wondering if there was a way, when the mail comes in, for the Ironport M1050 to check LDAP, see if the user is over quota and take care of it there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: