Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local updates

Living in sunny yet bandwidth starved SA, we do all our updates from a local machine (typically my laptop), sometimes from customer web servers located on the same network as the IronPorts.

I noticed while jumping customers from 4.7.1 to 5.1.0 from a server hosted about three feet away from a few of the IronPorts was running extremely slowly (600 minutes to install the OS alone). Crossover from my laptop (FreeBSD + Apache 1.3) took a few minutes as was expected. Out of interest, I tried a different web server (Gentoo + Apache 2.2), with the same result. Extremely fast from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1...dog slow from 4.7.1 to 5.1.0.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced any delays in the install speed up to the new version?

2 Replies 2

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

We have not seen any major difference in upgrade duration for 5.1 versus previous upgrades. I wonder if you could have an intermittent duplex issue? You might want to check the duplex settings and make sure both sides are negotiating to 100 full.

cheers

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Guys I am just curious where are you taking updates from to post them on local server ? we ususally upgrading from ironport http server .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: