Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail Flow Central questions

I was wondering if anyone can give me the official stance on if MFC is still supported or not. An IronPort engineer that I've been working with tells me that it's not supported anymore, but I just went through IronPort training for the C-series and the instructor tells me that it is supported through next year or so. When I check the knowledge base I see references to check the product page for information about MFC, but nothing is listed. I can't seem to find any documentation or software downloads.

3 Replies 3

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Here is info from the Support Portal.

Click on "Announcements & Policies" on the left panel, then "IronPort Systems Product Discontinuance Policy" at the top of the page.

At the bottom, it mentions this:

+++
Software Support

IronPort AsyncOS and Mail Flow Central software releases are supported for up to eighteen (18) months from the First Customer Shipment Date (FCS), or two (2) subsequent major releases of such software, whichever occurs first. At such time, the software reaches EOL. Major releases of the software are designated as an increment in the first number in a release designation (i.e. 4.y.z to 5.y.z).

At EOL, Engineering, Customer Support and the IronPort Threat Operations Center no longer provide support for the software release. Thus, update releases (e.g. service, maintenance, and patches) are no longer created for the software release and "signatures," "rules," or similar data services may not be compatible with discontinued versions of the software. To receive software support and updates, customers are required to upgrade to a supported version of the software.
+++

Then, if you click on "IronPort AsyncOS for Email" at the very bottom. It mentions this at the very bottom:

Mail Flow Central December 17, 2004 July 31, 2011

I was wondering if anyone can give me the official stance on if MFC is still supported or not.  An IronPort engineer that I've been working with tells me that it's not supported anymore, but I just went through IronPort training for the C-series and the instructor tells me that it is supported through next year or so.  When I check the knowledge base I see references to check the product page for information about MFC, but nothing is listed.  I can't seem to find any documentation or software downloads.

Thanks a ton. This certainly helps to clarify things. So if its still supported until July 31, 2011 where can I get the most recent software release?

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

It needs to come as a key request to ESA customer support.

Email in a support request ticket from your C-series appliance or open up a ticket with customer support.

Let them know that you're requesting a key for MFC. Provide your company ID, the serial number of your appliance and why you're interested in getting MFC.

At that point, they will process your request and they'll let you know.

Thanks a ton.  This certainly helps to clarify things.  So if its still supported until July 31, 2011 where can I get the most recent software release?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: