Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Filters' action: DROP. Log.

Is there a way to log the message filter drop action in order to see it in the "Overview" view?

I have configured my ironports according to AnswerID 1202, and it works great.
But, that doesn't seem to be logged, because I can see that most of the incoming mails are being dropped by low SBRS, and still in the Overview there's a 70% of clean messages.

1 Reply 1

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Currently, you can't see the message filter transaction from the Monitor tab.

One possibility is moving the message filter drop action into a incoming content filter. This would allow you to see it from the Monitor > Content Filters.

The thing to keep in mind is that since content filters come later in the email pipeline, the messages would still go through anti-spam and anti-virus processes, thus taking up necessary resources.

You may want to contact Customer Support and put in a feature request to have message filters events appear in the Monitor tab.

Is there a way to log the message filter drop action in order to see it in the "Overview" view?

I have configured my ironports according to AnswerID 1202, and it works great.
But, that doesn't seem to be logged, because I can see that most of the incoming mails are being dropped by low SBRS, and still in the Overview there's a 70% of clean messages.