cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MFC - How to login to MySQL DB via Windows ODBC?

mgraci_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The MFC app does not offer many options for looking at the MF data. I want to try an create my own reports via Crystal.

I downloaded and installed the MySQL ODBC driver. However, I do not know how it needs to be setup to access the MFC MySQL DB.

Is there a User/Name Pwd? Any other tips?

Thanks,
-Matt

5 Replies 5

MikeK_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

You do need a username and password.

you will probably need to contact ironport for those. There are ways to find them out... but not sure if we should discuss that here... 8)

mgraci_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.

My VAR got me the info.

While we are on the topic of MFC data, does anyone know of a formula that I could use with Crystal Reports to convert UTC timestamps that are used in the tables? I need to convert seconds since 1-1-1970 to the current date-time.

Thanks,
-Matt

I've never used Crystal Reports, but the MySQL query would look something like:

select from_unixtime(unsigned_int) from foo ...

If you need to switch timezones after that, you can use:

select (convert_tz(from_unixtime(unsigned_int), '+00:00', '-04:00')) from foo ..

.. where -04:00 is the GMT offset you're converting to.

-Jason

mgraci_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I found what I need to convert the UTC to current time in Crystal:
DateAdd ('h',-5 , (Datetime (1970,1,1,0,0,0)+{messages.timestamp}/86400 ))

The DateAdd was used to correct for my timezoen.

I am now trying to figure out how to determine what the outcome of the message was.

-Matt

Assuming you're referring to anti-spam or anti-virus verdicts, look for the outcome of each recipient, as opposed to each message.

You probably already know this, but messages get "splintered" as they pass through AsyncOS, meaning they are divided up into individual recipients before most content scanning takes place. Even if a message is only addressed to a single recipient, the stored "verdict" would be associated with that recipient, as opposed to the actual message.

Disclaimer: I don't have the MFC schema in front of me, so I could be completely wrong about how this information is stored. I'm just trying to help by thinking logically (out loud). :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: