Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Domains on ESA C160

Muhammad Arshad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My C160 is already cionfigured and working fine with abc@xyz.com domain. Now I want to add another email domain 123@yyy.com to same box. I need your help to know what will be the pre-requisite for this task;

• MX records need to be created for 123@yyy.com
  • How it will reach to my Ironport Box.
  • Can I asked my ISP to point newly created MX records to existing records pointing towards my Ironport.

I will appreciate your kind support in this regards.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are typically 2 records in place for mail to flow.  An "A" record and an "MX" record.

Right now it probably looks something like this:

A     smtp.xyz.com     10.20.30.40        86400

MX   xyz.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

You can have them add another MX record to point mail for yyy.com to smtp.xyz.com:

MX  yyy.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

Then in your ironport go to Network/SMTP Routes, and add a route for the domain so that inbound mail gets to the correct mail server, and got ot Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to ACCEPT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There are typically 2 records in place for mail to flow.  An "A" record and an "MX" record.

Right now it probably looks something like this:

A     smtp.xyz.com     10.20.30.40        86400

MX   xyz.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

You can have them add another MX record to point mail for yyy.com to smtp.xyz.com:

MX  yyy.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

Then in your ironport go to Network/SMTP Routes, and add a route for the domain so that inbound mail gets to the correct mail server, and got ot Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to ACCEPT.

Thanks Ken for your answer and support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: