cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office 2010 documents

simonpilch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi We are still running out c300 ironport device does anyone know if there is any issues with sophos scanning office 2010 documents we have just had a power point file blocked due to it timing out scanning i converted the document to 2003 format and the email went through fine the c300 is on 6.1.0-304 the PPT is only 900k what is the size limit of the timeout for sophos scanning?

3 Replies 3

phyxoz
Level 1
Level 1

Are you refering to Office 2007 documents?

jasongurtz
Level 1
Level 1

I just tried mailing a test document I created from scratch in Word 2010 and also a Powerpoint 2010 test file;  They both came through fine.  We've had no other complaints from users  We have a C100 running 7.1.1-012 and Sophos is currently:  Sophos Anti-Virus Engine     4.55      26 Jul 2010 16:15 (GMT) Sophos IDE Rules     2010080306      03 Aug 2010 16:46 (GMT)

Hi Jason,

Sophos can scan Office 2010 attachments, that part should not be an issue.  If your seeing time outs for virus scanning this can occur for a number of reasons. The default time out period is 60 seconds and it is typically not recommended to extend the time beyond this value. We generally see these time outs when the file is large and the appliance is under an increased load condition. I have seen this happen when there is a sudden influx of traffic containing large messages or we are attempting to scan a large message and other activity on the appliance has effected our ability to scan the message within the specified time out period.  The action that would be applied to unscannable messages is configured within the incoming mail policy.  It is also important to mention that while the IronPort appliance in conjunction with Sophos antivirus is a powerful resource for stopping viruses it should not be your only line of defense against such threats.

Christopher C Smith
CSE

Cisco ironPort Customer Support 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: