cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Spam Plug-in Now Supports Vista

dmayer_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Customers - today we released the newest version of the IronPort Anti-Spam plug-in, version 1.8. This version includes Vista support as well as support for foreign language versions of Outlook. You can find it on the support portal under the anti-spam section.

Dave Mayer
Product Manager, IronPort

3 Replies 3

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

If the Plugin doesn't appear, see if you can enable it by going here in Outlook:

Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > COM Add-Ins

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

This PlugIn works well with my german Outlook 2003 (SP2) - in english :roll:

Any chance to get a silent installer for mass deploying?

In the releaseguide theres a "known issue":
- Conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server Manager
I have installed this MS-tool on my machine but can't detect not working functions. How can I be sure, that my spam mails are reported properly?

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

For the MSI installer that allows for silient install, you may want to either contact Customer Support and request for that to be a enhancement to make deployment of the Outlook plugin easier to install on end user machines. Also, mention it to your Sales Engineer/Sales Representative the value that it would bring your company since you would be making their lives easier to submit any false positive/false negative.

To see if your submissions were okay, go to this folder,

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\IronPort\IronPort Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook

There will be a file called "IPLOG.TXT" and it will provide information about your recent submission.

This PlugIn works well with my german Outlook 2003 (SP2) - in english  :roll: 

Any chance to get a silent installer for mass deploying?

In the releaseguide theres a "known issue":
- Conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server Manager
I have installed this MS-tool on my machine but can't detect not working functions. How can I be sure, that my spam mails are reported properly?