cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Spam Plug-in Now Supports Vista

dmayer_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Customers - today we released the newest version of the IronPort Anti-Spam plug-in, version 1.8. This version includes Vista support as well as support for foreign language versions of Outlook. You can find it on the support portal under the anti-spam section.

Dave Mayer
Product Manager, IronPort

3 Replies 3

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

If the Plugin doesn't appear, see if you can enable it by going here in Outlook:

Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > COM Add-Ins

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

This PlugIn works well with my german Outlook 2003 (SP2) - in english :roll:

Any chance to get a silent installer for mass deploying?

In the releaseguide theres a "known issue":
- Conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server Manager
I have installed this MS-tool on my machine but can't detect not working functions. How can I be sure, that my spam mails are reported properly?

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

For the MSI installer that allows for silient install, you may want to either contact Customer Support and request for that to be a enhancement to make deployment of the Outlook plugin easier to install on end user machines. Also, mention it to your Sales Engineer/Sales Representative the value that it would bring your company since you would be making their lives easier to submit any false positive/false negative.

To see if your submissions were okay, go to this folder,

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\IronPort\IronPort Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook

There will be a file called "IPLOG.TXT" and it will provide information about your recent submission.

This PlugIn works well with my german Outlook 2003 (SP2) - in english  :roll: 

Any chance to get a silent installer for mass deploying?

In the releaseguide theres a "known issue":
- Conflict with Microsoft Exchange Server Manager
I have installed this MS-tool on my machine but can't detect not working functions. How can I be sure, that my spam mails are reported properly?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: