cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to check total incoming/outgoing size per domain?

Hello :),

Is it possible to see the top incoming or outgoing emails by total size?
The intention is to determine which domain or emails may be eating the network bandwidth.

Also, is there a Report to check the Incoming email graph/statistics a listener or specific domain receives? I tried Monitor > Incoming Mail, with the domain options but it does not show them. As we have several clients in the same Appliance we need a Report for the email that only client1.com or client2.com received.

Thank you in advance.

Hugo

1 Reply 1

My unoffical answer is using Mail Flow Central in the unoffical way.

login the MFC mysql

select rcpt_domain,sum(message_size) as total_size from recipients r, messages m
where r.sid = m.sid
and r.mid = m.mid
and timestamp > unix_timestamp(date_sub(now(), interval 1 day))
group by rcpt_domain order by total_size desc limit 0,20

This will give the top 20 total message size processed by receipent domains of last 1 day.

This executes just forever if you want more days or add the transfer_id as a condition..(i left it out delibrately).

There are alternatives,

In my experience, your incoming total size statistics can, alternatively, be generated by your ultimate message store server (sendmail/postfix/exchange).

Your outoging total size is a little difficult if not using the above tweaked method.

scp the mail_logs out regularly, look for "MID XXXXXX ready YYYY bytes for

"

Do some mining scripts.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: