Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy Authorization Failed.

After my last upgrade the check for available upgrades of my ironport m660 fails with:

Tue Nov 24 10:52:11 2009 Warning: Network Participation: failed to connect to host: update-manifests.ironport.com port: 443, error: SSL error: Failed to connect through proxy server: HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required

In the update settings i've configured the correct proxy with a username and password. The proxy adminstrator confirms this username is correct and says his logs show the ironport does not send a userid and pwd.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot/confirm/disprove this?

3 Replies 3

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

very interesting, bart. there are a few unknowns here such as your actual proxy settings (look for everything starting with the tag until the comment
in any case - if you feel you have the proxy config setup correctly and have a packet capture file to backup your statements - i'd recommend opening a support case and perhaps enabling remote access to let our support engineers check things out!

thanks!

Checked the config from the CLI with "showconfig" and it shows the proxy configured as intended. We're talking about Version: 6.5.0-405

Which filter can I use best with tcpdump to create a manageable packet.log?

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

THIS is what you are looking for, bart. this will output things in a 'pcap' format so you can pull it off the box and look at it in a nice graphical tool like wireshark or something.

Using the tcpdump command on an Email Security Appliance
http://tinyurl.com/6au8rd

if you can indeed show that the ESA is not sending the credentials correctly or even not all, then open a case and provide the capture with a little background on your testing methods (include a support request from the box too please!).

cheers,

andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: