Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quarantine Space

Hi All :D

There is a way to enable a bigger space to a local quarantine in the appliance, If I create a new quarantine, let say for removed attachments it only enable 1GB, so how I can take space from the SPAM quarantine to enable more space in this other new quarantine

Tks

2 Replies 2

You can't take space away from the SPAM Quarantine. However, you can take space away from your other Quarantines to give to your new one.

For instance, you can take space from the "Policy" quarantine. I would recommend NOT taking space from the "Outbreak" Quarantine.

Regards,

Chris

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Also, here is some additional information that may clarify things,

What is the difference between IronPort Spam Quarantine(ISQ) and System Quarantine?

Under Monitor > Local Quarantines, there are four default quarantines listed:

1. IronPort Spam Quarantine
2. Outbreak
3. Policy
4. Virus

For IronPort Spam Quarantine (ISQ), only messages that are a result of a positive/suspect anti-spam verdict can be directed to the ISQ. This is to maintain the integrity of that quarantine. The messages going to the ISQ are stored by the recipient email.

The Outbreak, Policy, and Virus are known as System Quarantines. Message are directed to these quarantines as a result of the Virus Outbreak Filters or custom Content Filters that flag profanity or sexual content keywords in the subject line or message body. Messages stored in the System Quarantines are accessible by the Admin or Operators only .

Hi All  :D 

There is a way to enable a bigger space to a local quarantine in the appliance, If I create a new quarantine, let say for removed attachments it only enable 1GB, so how I can take space from the SPAM quarantine to enable more space in this other new quarantine

Tks