Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Email Security Quick-links: ESA Product Support | SMA Product Support | Email Submission and Tracking Portal | Cisco SecurityHub
Current General Deployment (GD) Releases:
ESA: 11.0.0-264 WSA: 10.5.1-296 SMA: 11.0.0-115 Email Plug-in (Reporting): 1.0.1-048 Email Plug-in (Encryption): 1.0.0-036

RBL

Anyone already using http://www.surbl.org/ in ironport?

TIA.

3 REPLIES

Don't think it would work

Since SURBL expects uri's out of the message body, you would have to have the message body parsed and sent to the rbl. At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

Re: Don't think it would work

At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

Surbl works with spamassasin and ironport also use spamassasin (cmiiw). So I guess it won't be too hard to integrate it within the system or is it already on the feature list?

Is there any mechanism available for blocking pishing/malware?

Re: Don't think it would work

Since SURBL expects uri's out of the message body, you would have to have the message body parsed and sent to the rbl.  At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

IronPort's Web Reputation technology measures the behavior and traffic patterns of a website to assess its trustworthiness. The IronPort CASE determines the reputation of any URL within a message body, so that a more accurate analysis of the messages can be performed. This enables IronPort to immediately protect IronPort Anti-Spam users from spam, viruses, phishing and spyware threats.

Views
Helpful
Replies