Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RBL

Anyone already using http://www.surbl.org/ in ironport?

TIA.

3 Replies 3

shannon.hagan
Level 1
Level 1

Since SURBL expects uri's out of the message body, you would have to have the message body parsed and sent to the rbl. At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

Surbl works with spamassasin and ironport also use spamassasin (cmiiw). So I guess it won't be too hard to integrate it within the system or is it already on the feature list?

Is there any mechanism available for blocking pishing/malware?

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Since SURBL expects uri's out of the message body, you would have to have the message body parsed and sent to the rbl.  At this point, I don't think IronPort has any mechanism to send anything other than the connecting ip.

IronPort's Web Reputation technology measures the behavior and traffic patterns of a website to assess its trustworthiness. The IronPort CASE determines the reputation of any URL within a message body, so that a more accurate analysis of the messages can be performed. This enables IronPort to immediately protect IronPort Anti-Spam users from spam, viruses, phishing and spyware threats.