Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA cannot realase quarantined mails

quentinperceval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

Hi configured my ESA C370 (v8.0.1) to centralize all its quarantines to my SMA M670 (v8.1.1). This works well.

But when I connect to the SMA and release a quarantined mail, the mail never leave the SMA.

I got the following lines on my SMA mail_logs :

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 released from quarantine "Virus" (manual) t=362

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 released from all quarantines

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 queued for delivery

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Critical: An application fault occurred: ('egg/command_client.py send_message|525', "<class 'Commandment.NotConnectedError'>", 'hostname: Not connected.', '[egg/smtp_client.py run|852] [egg/smtp_client.py _run|899] [egg/smtp_client.py _connect|1031] [egg/omh.py get_mx_ip_list|1523] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py get_prioritized_ip_list|699] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py as_mx_response|636] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py get_cpq_host|670] [egg/sma_communicator.py get_cpq_release_interface|42] [egg/sma_communicator.py get_esa_data|82] [egg/command_client.py call|237] [egg/command_client.py send_message|525]')

Could you help me ?

I tryed with two different ESA and with mail in quarantine Policy and Virus.

Best Regards,

Quentin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a seen defect in the OS:

CSCug22127 - App faults seen in PVO page when ESA not available/PVO disabled

From the SMA - you may need to 'deleterecipients' - if you had a stale/old message in queue, and then upgraded to 8.0.1 or newer, this message will not process through correctly - and has to be removed.  In the past, I have seen two/three emails of this nature --- once the queue is cleared of the messages, and then 'delivernow' issued - this cleared that app fault from occurring.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a seen defect in the OS:

CSCug22127 - App faults seen in PVO page when ESA not available/PVO disabled

From the SMA - you may need to 'deleterecipients' - if you had a stale/old message in queue, and then upgraded to 8.0.1 or newer, this message will not process through correctly - and has to be removed.  In the past, I have seen two/three emails of this nature --- once the queue is cleared of the messages, and then 'delivernow' issued - this cleared that app fault from occurring.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Thank you for your answer !

I already was in AsyncOS 8.1.1 on SMA, so I did 'deleterecipients' and reboot the appliance, and now everything is fine.

Awesome!  I came across this exact scenario just the other week.  Glad it helped!

-Robert

Hi Robert,

Would this solution apply to a c370 running Async 7.6.3?  I have the same issue of quarantined email following data migration ...

Thanks,

Chris

Received a similar app fault?  You can 'grep' the mail_logs, and see if/when/quantity of app faults to see.  It would be entirely possible - I have only come across this a few times recently.  If the emails are in quarantine, and deemed "ok" to remove w/o issue - then try 'deleterecipients'.

I only see the one current open defect, and currently is only listed against 8.1.1 - which is SMA only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: