Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spam not being caught as spam

Is there a way of "feeding" spam to the system?
We have two C350's and two M660, and we're quite happy with the performance so far.
However, it happens ocasionally that stuff which is obviously spam gets through to the end users. They then ask us to "add this e-mail to the spam filters".
I've used SpamAssassin in the past, and here you could train the bayesian filters using sa-learn.

Is there a similar way of training the AS filters in IronPort? - We don't use Brightmail.

2 Replies 2

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

The best way to deal with this is have your users report the spam directly to IronPort. Details on how to do that are covered in this Knowledge Base article

http://tinyurl.com/lpz9z

This allows us to update our rules to catch the type of spam you report, and saves you the time and trouble of continually training your spam engine.

Karl Young
IronPort Product Support Engineer

Is there a way of "feeding" spam to the system?
We have two C350's and two M660, and we're quite happy with the performance so far.
However, it happens ocasionally that stuff which is obviously spam gets through to the end users. They then ask us to "add this e-mail to the spam filters".
I've used SpamAssassin in the past, and here you could train the bayesian filters using sa-learn.

Is there a similar way of training the AS filters in IronPort? - We don't use Brightmail.

That ought to do it :)

Thank you very much.
I'll test the plugin and roll it out to the entire organization if I find it suits our needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: