cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spam updates NOT hapening

Anthony Bundy
Level 1
Level 1

My c350 is set to update, but doesn't. I go to "Security services", and down to "service updates" and all the URLS are there, and interval is set to 11m. Yet every time I look, I am behind, and I force an update, and its all good until I look at it a few days later. I am on 6.1.0-307. I will be updating to 6.3.5-003 this weekend. It there something I am missing?[/img]

3 Replies 3

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

tbundy,

You would generaly receive an email alert stating that CASE (antispam) was unable to update properly.
Have you received any such alerts?

The IronPort KnowledgeBase states that:

"This may be due to transient network or DNS issues, HTTP proxy configuration causing update transmission errors or unavailability of downloads.ironport.com. "

-whardison

My c350 is set to update, but doesn't. I go to "Security services", and down to "service updates" and all the URLS are there, and interval is set to 11m. Yet every time I look, I am behind, and I force an update, and its all good until I look at it a few days later. I am on 6.1.0-307. I will be updating to 6.3.5-003 this weekend. It there something I am missing?[/img]

It's a known bug, corrected in 6.3

We hit it early summer, too.

Eric.

Anthony Bundy
Level 1
Level 1

I updated to 6.3.5-003 and all is well. I like to wait a bit before upgrading. And to answer the question from the first responder, no I did not receive any indication at all that it wasn't working. Thanks to all!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: