Views
Helpful
Replies

Split mail in multiple email for every recipient

poffio_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i have an email sent to four recipients. I need to write a filter that from original mail, splits it in four identical mail for every recipient.

Is it possibile to do it ?

Thank You.

4 Replies 4

You might have to take a look at the feature set for the 300D/350D - if you want to do something you just described at grand scale.

For a "once only" implementation I don't believe there is a feature that can help you, unfortunately.

Torsten

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Is this mail going inbound into your network or outbound to the Internet?

Can you provide an example of what information that we can separate the four emails to? Different destination domains?

Hi to all,

i have an email sent to four recipients. I need to write a filter that from original mail, splits it in four identical mail for every recipient.

Is it possibile to do it ?

Thank You.

poffio_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,
excuse me, for delay of my response.

the emails i want to split are inbound emails. I check the recipient address with an ldap query on Active Directory, then i sent this email to exchange infrastructure.

This is an example:

TO: recipient1@mydomain.com, recipient2@mydomain.com, recipient3@mydomain.com, recipient4@mydomain.com

I want to split this email in 4 identical emails for every recipient.
I tried with alias configuration but it does not work. Even in this case only a mail is generated.

Thanks for your Help.

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Unfortunately, that iis currently not possible. You would basically need to parse all the envelope recipients and then have the ability to do a FOR LOOP statement. In the FOR LOOP statement, you would generate a new mail for each entry. The system was designed to be efficient and if all the recipients are going to the same destination domain, they would be combined into one message and delivered to the destination.

You may want to bring this feature request up to your Sales Representative.

Hi to all,
excuse me, for delay of my response.

the emails i want to split are inbound emails. I check the recipient address with an ldap query on Active Directory, then i sent this email to exchange infrastructure.

This is an example:

TO: recipient1@mydomain.com, recipient2@mydomain.com, recipient3@mydomain.com, recipient4@mydomain.com

I want to split this email in 4 identical emails for every recipient.
I tried with alias configuration but it does not work. Even in this case only a mail is generated.

Thanks for your Help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: