cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot Cisco Ironport C160, beeps and flashing amber light

mingnext
Level 1
Level 1

At first RAID staus was showing as degraded. I tried to rebuild the RAID  but hat failed. I was able to logon and update to version 8.0 after the RAID rebuild failed.

Now when I try to boot the ironport it beeps twice and keeps on repeating every 10 seconds or so, and there is also a flashing amber light at the back and front of the device.

Suspecting that there was a problem with the hard drives i tried to restore a recent image of the Ironport that I had, hoping that the RAID would rebuild, But that is not the case. The Ironport is still unable to boot and is beeping twice as well as the flashing amber light.

Does anyone know if there is anyhting that I can do to rectify this problem?

Thanks in advance         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Amber light usually means hardware issue. You should contact TAC.

It is not clear what you did to rebuild the RAID but you should try nothing before discussing with TAC. Any attempt to do reimage could break the box for good.

At the moment you have access to the box, enable remote access and call TAC.

There is an account, named enablediag  which can be used for troubleshooting. It has the option to open remote access so TAC can assist further. The password is the same as your admin account.

I hope this helps.

-Valter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Amber light usually means hardware issue. You should contact TAC.

It is not clear what you did to rebuild the RAID but you should try nothing before discussing with TAC. Any attempt to do reimage could break the box for good.

At the moment you have access to the box, enable remote access and call TAC.

There is an account, named enablediag  which can be used for troubleshooting. It has the option to open remote access so TAC can assist further. The password is the same as your admin account.

I hope this helps.

-Valter

Thank you for responding Valter.

The box however is not booting at all so I'm unable to do anything.

I will contact TAC and see what they can do for me. Now I know next time contact TAC before doing anything.

Once again, thank you for responding,

Dwight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: