Helpful
Replies

v6.1.5 and v6.3.5

In my available upgrade list...

6 Replies 6

gstoynoff
Level 1
Level 1

Same here. I can't find any info on the 6.3.5-003 release.

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

A notification for these two releases will go out today.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I have both entries in the "Available Upgrades" listbox.

Should we upgrade first to
AsyncOS 6.1.5-110
and then to
AsyncOS 6.3.5-003

or can we upgrade directly from our
AsyncOS 6.1.0-307 to AsyncOS 6.3.5-003?

Is there any difference in this upgrade-path?
(I found something in the ReleaseNotes - Page 7 - but don't understand the term "Qualified Upgrade Paths". Is this the 'possible' upgrade-order or the 'forced' order?)

Knuto0815
Level 1
Level 1

According to the release notes for 6.3.5-003 i don't think that updating directly from 6.1.0-307 would be much of a problem if you keep an eye on the pre-upgrade notes.

Even though I had to learn it the hard way because right now i am stucked with one of two machines at 6.1.5-110. The upgrade to 6.3.5-003 always stalls at 85% when installing the av-scanners.

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

or can we upgrade directly from our 
AsyncOS 6.1.0-307 to AsyncOS 6.3.5-003?

AsyncOS will only give you the option of upgrades which we've tested and support, so if you're seeing AsyncOS 6.3.5-003 in the upgrade list then there's no problems with jumping directly to that version.

Of course, you should always read the release notes (available on the support portal) before doing any upgrades just in case there's something relevant to your environment in them.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you (all) for the answers. To be sure, we have upgraded step-by-step. Everything is working fine now.

@Doc: It would be nice if IronPort could show the most important release notes (and of course the most relevant things to do BEFORE upgrade) if we click on the single upgrade version.
What do you think: Could this be something for future versions?
(Just a direct link to the matching release notes would be help too...)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: