Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Update C150

Hi

Im currently updating one of my C150's boxes from 6.1.0-306 to 6.3.5-003 and it has been going for just over 1hr now at it is only at 40%.

Its never taken this long before usally around 30mins or so to do one box.

Any clue why this may be taking so long to do?

Thanks

Jamie

5 REPLIES

Re: Very Slow Update C150

You should cancel it and possibly perform the upgrade during off-peak time. When upgrading, you may also want to suspend the listener so that the machine dedicate resources to the upgrade.

As a good practice, remember to backup the configuration file with the passwords not masked.

Hi

Im currently updating one of my C150's boxes from 6.1.0-306 to 6.3.5-003 and it has been going for just over 1hr now at it is only at 40%.

Thanks

Jamie

Hi, best practice is to do on local upgrade.. make sure you have a web server.

just download the update from the ironport download support website , paste the serial number then download.

ive done this several times with my clients.

kira

It was off-peak for us, took around 2hrs todo the update.

Then did my 2nd c150 and it took around 20mins.

I had supsended the queues etc and backed up the config files.

You should cancel it and possibly perform the upgrade during off-peak time.  When upgrading, you may also want to suspend the listener so that the machine dedicate resources to the upgrade.

As a good practice, remember to backup the configuration file with the passwords not masked.

Hi

Thanks

Jamie

just download the update from the ironport download support website , paste the serial number then download.

kira

just looked at this, can i use the same download for different boxes or is the download tied to a serial number?

You can use the downloaded AsyncOS for the different boxes.

kira

just looked at this, can i use the same download for different boxes or is the download tied to a serial number?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content