Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing quarantined attachments.

david.shoesmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Is there a way to be able to view the attachments that are in the quarantine, without having to forward the email to yourself?
When viewing all the quarantined emails that have been blocked because of a content filter, I need to be able to view the attachment before deciding whether it is work related or just needs to be deleted.
I can view the email as a whole, however I can't see how to view the attachment without forwarding the email to myself.
Obviously there are the blatent non work related "joke" emails that get deleted, however there are some that need checking.

If anyone knows of a solution to this please let me know.

Many thanks,

David

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Currently, the Ironport quarantine section doesn't allow for the ability to view/open the attachment of the message that's being quarantined.

However, here is an existing feature request that is seeking the functionality that you want. It is feature request number #378. Mention the value that it will bring to your company to your Sale representative or engineer. Let them know that you want FR #378!

Hi,
Is there a way to be able to view the attachments that are in the quarantine, without having to forward the email to yourself?
When viewing all the quarantined emails that have been blocked because of a content filter, I need to be able to view the attachment before deciding whether it is work related or just needs to be deleted.
I can view the email as a whole, however I can't see how to view the attachment without forwarding the email to myself.
Obviously there are the blatent non work related "joke" emails that get deleted, however there are some that need checking.

If anyone knows of a solution to this please let me know.

Many thanks,

David

david.shoesmith
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted my sales rep and asked to have this feature added.

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: