Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the latest available AsyncOS Version for the IronPort C160

Robert Sahmel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @ all,

i try to figure out if there is a AsyncOS 8.x update for the Cisco IronPort C160 available.
My Cisco C160 cluster is running the 7.6.0-357 AsyncOS version.

Greetings Robert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Latest GA is 8.0.1-023.

7.6.0-357 was a beta release, and you may not be seeing a proper upgrade path presented to the appliance.  When you run 'revert' - what is the previous version listed?

-Robert

View solution in original post

OK - thank you for checking.

So - you'll need to go back to 7.5.1-028, then upgrade as follows:

phoebe-7-5-1-028 --> phoebe-7-5-2-203 --> phoebe-8-0-1-023

This will get you back on track with a proper provisioning build.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Latest GA is 8.0.1-023.

7.6.0-357 was a beta release, and you may not be seeing a proper upgrade path presented to the appliance.  When you run 'revert' - what is the previous version listed?

-Robert

Hi Robert,

thanks for responding. When i run the revert command the Available versions are:

7.5.1-028

7.6.0-357

Greeting Robert

OK - thank you for checking.

So - you'll need to go back to 7.5.1-028, then upgrade as follows:

phoebe-7-5-1-028 --> phoebe-7-5-2-203 --> phoebe-8-0-1-023

This will get you back on track with a proper provisioning build.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Hi Robert,

wooow fast reply!

where can i get those files ?

Greetings Robert

Posting for continuity - had emailed direct w/ Robert...

Yes – just run the ‘revert’ - choose #1, or the associated # w/ 7.5.1-028 — this will de-grade the OS back to that version.  Once it is completed, and reboot finished – simply then run ‘upgrade’ and step through the upgrade process.  

This time – from 7.5.1-028, choose 7.5.2-203 first when running ‘upgrade’.  Once that upgrade is complete, and the appliance rebooted, re-run the ‘upgrade’ and choose 8.0.1-023 as the final upgrade, and complete/reboot.

does anyone know a way to find out which versions are available for which hardware?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/email-security-appliance/products-release-notes-list.html

lists 8.5.5 as latest version, still our c160 is stuck at 8.0.1-023.

and this annoying

ErrorNo available upgrades.

doesn't make it much better. does it mean there's an error finding updates? or does it mean there's just nothing available, and no matter what that's classified as error? ;-)

8.0.1-023 is still the latest GA release.  If you are on that release, you won't see any of the FCS releases.  

Q: Are there any other releases available for AsyncOS?
A: Yes, FCS candidates are available for provisioning, but you must open a support case and request to be added to the FCS provisioning group.  Please see our other CSC blog posts for recent FCS release information.

I'll shoot you a DM and work with you to get your SN and info, if you are wanting to get 8.5.6-073?

I hope this helps!

-Robert