cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is "login host mode"?

ashaw216
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm trying to use the Help > Open Support Ticket option while logged into the GUI on our C160. When I do this, I get this error:

Restricted to Login Host:

None of the modes in the drop box above it appear to be the mode it wants. Where is this mode?

This feature is only available in login host mode. You must change modes to continue.
2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the C160 in a cluster?  Did you change over to machine mode for the cluster member, or to cluster level while logged in through this C160?

You should be able to just click "change modes" to take you back to the appliance in cluster you originally accessed via the web GUI... and then be able to continue with the support request process from the web GUI.

The full Centralized Management notifcation screen should contain similar:

Restricted to Login Host:
        This feature is only available in login host mode. You must change modes to continue.

I hope this helps!
-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

It didn't seem to matter which mode I chose, none of them were "login host mode". So I logged in via the CLI and initiated the support ticket that way. Not sure if that's what was originally meant by "login host mode", but if it is it should be a bit more clear that that is what's required. Thanks for the reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: