Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT-CISCO UNIFIED PERSONAL COMMUNICATOR/UNIFIED PRESENCE SERVER

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to get an update from Cisco experts Stephen Newton and Steve Levy on how to increase productivity with Cisco Unified Communicator and Cisco Unified Presence Server. Stephen is a product manager in the Unified Communications Business Unit (UCBU). He is currently responsible for the softclient portfolio which includes Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco IP Communicator, and Cisco Unified Video Advantage. Steve is an IP Communications product manager in the Voice Technology Group (VTG) at Cisco Systems Inc. In nearly 7 years at Cisco Systems, Steve has been a leader in bringing the SIP technology to the Cisco product line including both the Cisco Unified IP Phones and the Cisco Unified CallManager. Currently, he is the product manager for the upcoming Cisco Unified Presence Server.

Remember to use the rating system to let Stephen and Steve know if you have received an adequate response.

They might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through October 6, 2006. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

23 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ASK THE EXPERT-CISCO UNIFIED PERSONAL COMMUNICATOR/UNIFIED P

When will Cisco Unified Personal Communicator support Cisco Unity 4.x?

Tom

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator will support the Unity product in it's next release, currently scheduled for Spring 2007. Customers using Unity can still deploy the Unified Personal Communicator today for integrated voice messaging. They simply would not have voicemails downloaded into the CUPC client. When support for Unity is available, then they could offer integrated voice messaing to users.

I use CCM4.1 and use the OPickup feature but have a problem with the numbeer or name of extension display on my IPhone.

When I pick a call from other Iphone on my screen appear To:My name istead of From: name of other oun of extention

Can you help me or advise where I can find help about it.

Cisco Employee

Hi - this question is more specific to the Cisco Unified CallManager. I will forward your question to our support team for that product for an answer.

Hello,

Sorry for entering into discussion with my issue which is also related to Unified Communication too but I would like an knowledgeable answer.

We need to perform an optimization into our ICS 7750 CCM 3.3 and Unity VM. We want to update it with the latest patches ,VM account creation, clean-up of unnecessary VM boxes, also clean-up CCM user accounts, and setup AA function for AA/IVR functionality.

The question is if somebody has done this kind or work recently and what is the best way to approach it?

Thanks a lot for your input in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Cisco Employee

hi Mike,

I would suggest that you get with your Cisco Unity Support Team or your Cisco Account Team. They should be able to help you with issues around Unity patches as well as account and Voice Mail server optimizations.

Steve

Can I see the presence of Cisco IP Phones on the Microsoft Office Communicator contact list using the Cisco supported LCS integration with the Cisco Unified Presence Server?

Thanks -

Bill

Cisco Employee

hi Bill,

Yes, the integration of LCS with Cisco Unified CallManager shows the phone presence of a user on the Microsoft Office Communicator contact list. The phone presence really indicates if the user is in a phone call or not. This works the same for Cisco IP Phones running either SIP protocol or SCCP protocol with the Cisco Unified CallManager.

Steve

Will there be a SRND published for CUPS at some point?

As it relates to LCS, there is pretty limited documentation on the integration. Although we have it working, is there somewhere today on CCO that has the integration combinations and so forth?

Cisco Employee

Yes, there is a SRND published for CUPS.

You can find it at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html

Also, the adminstration guide for CUPS has an appendix specifically dedicated to information on how to deploy CUPS with LCS for Office Communicator interoperability.

Steve

Are you aware of any success integrating CUPS with Novell's groupwise IM application via SIP.

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

I have not heard (either positive or negative)of any interoperabilty work done between CUPS and Novell's Groupwise IM done in the field.

Steve

Is there anything today in CUPS or the integration to LCS, that enable to user to make use of SmartTags in let say for example a word document, or an email?

Ultimately looking for the user to be able to see a phone number in a doc or html file, then do a mouse click or something of the like to start a call from the telecaster or the officecomm

I know there is the legacy outlook dialer, but that doesn't work with SmartTags

Cisco Employee

Currently, there is nothing in the CUPS that integrates with SmartTags. We are in the process of evaluating how we can integrate the Unified Personal Communicator with Microsoft applications. This would allow SmartTags to kick off the Unified Personal Communicator to establish a call.

Steve

In what languages will Cisco Unified Personal Communicator be available?

Bill

Unified Personal Communicator for Windows will be localized into the following languages:

English, French, Chinese (Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese), Japanese, Spanish, Korean, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Danish, and potentially Arabic.

The schedule for localization is still being developed with the appropriate engineering and testing teams and is scheduled to be published in early November.

The localization schedule and list of languages for the Macintosh version will also be released at that time.

My Scenario is based on Lotus Notes Dominos 6.5 version... Is it possible to implement this with Lotus Notes ..Please suggest..Lot of confusion exist with LOTUS Notes integration for Cisco Unified Communication solution and there is no clear guidelines available with regard to Notes... Somewhere it says it will work then comes the DUCS functionality and compatibility... little bit confused..

I planned for using Cisco T.37 FAX server solution using fax relay option using Unity but finally it came out :- not supported for NOTES :-(

Thanks in Advance..

with best regards,

mani

Cisco Employee

hi Mani,

Current, IBM Global Services does support an integration between Cisco Unified Presence Server 1.0, Cisco Unified Call Manager 5.0, and Cisco Unified IP Phones with Sametime 7.5 to provide Click to Call services as well as IM and Presence federation. This offering is around the Sametime Client and Cisco Phones/Presence. As far as Notes integration, we are in an evaluation stage for bringing busy/idle from Notes into the core Cisco Presence services.

Steve

Blue

From an Instance Messaging perspective, will the Precense Server ever have any integration point to public IM's like Yahoo, MSN, etc? I know it integrates with Microsofts LCS at this point.

thanks

Cisco Employee

Yes, IM federation, both with enterprise IM networks and consumer IM services (such as Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc), is currently being evaluated and is high on the roadmap for support by the Presence Server. Look for a tighter integration around IM services over the upcoming year.

Steve

Blue

From an Instance Messaging perspective, will the Precense Server ever have any integration point to public IM's like Yahoo, MSN, etc? I know it integrates with Microsofts LCS at this point.

thanks

Thanks steve for your reply.

Is it possible to get some specific information and limitation exist with regard to Lotus Notes integration with Cisco UNIFIED Communication Platform and what is the feature roadmap planned specific to Lotus Notes..

It is difficult to get any detail specific to LOtus notes on Cisco site.. Please suggest some pointer specific to Notes..

With best regards,

Mani

Cisco Employee

hi Mani,

Here is a pointer to documentation on Lotus integration with the Cisco Unity unified messaging product.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd800fe14d.html

Also, here is a pointer to documentation on Lotus integration with the Cisco Unified Meeting Place web collaboration product.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_data_sheet0900aecd804fba4c.html

regards,

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content