Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT-CISCO UNIFIED WORKSPACE LICENSING

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to Learn about Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing with Cisco expert Michael Khalili Michael is the product manager for Cisco unified workspace licensing, where he is responsible for defining licensing and pricing for unified communications packaged offerings. He was previously the product manager for the Cisco unity product. Prior to joining Cisco he was a product manager at Microsoft in the exchange group. Michael holds a bachelor of science degree in computer science from the University of Illinois and a master of business administration degree from Erasmus University, Netherlands.

Remember to use the rating system to let Michael know if you have received an adequate response.

Michael might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through January 30, 2009. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

• Expert Corner
39 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ASK THE EXPERT-CISCO UNIFIED WORKSPACE LICENSING

Is hardware included in with UWL

Hi Amrit,

I am not sure if I can answer in this forum or not, but thought share this information with you -

Q.Is hardware included with Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing?

A. No. All hardware is ordered separately. You must order Cisco media convergence servers separately, and special Cisco Unified MeetingPlace bundles will be provided for Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing customers (MP-8106-UWL and MP-8112-UWL). In addition, you should order Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Wireless IP Phones separately. Note that no distinction is made between the models of Cisco Unified IP Phones under Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing. Customers may select from a single handset of any Cisco Unified IP Phone model under Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Standard Edition and any number of any Cisco Unified IP Phone model under Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Professional Edition.

Attached is the CUWL Q&A for your reference.

Michael: Sorry for hijacking :)

-> Sushil

Hi Michael,

I have a question on individual product migration when we go for CUWL.

Let's say I take MeetingPlace Express with the professional license of CUWL along with 3Yr UCSS.

Now I for some reason I want to migrate from MeetingPlace Express to MeetingPlace. How do we go about this migration since there is no migration part number in CUWL. Does this means that I'll have to purchase MeetingPlace as an individual product and maintain separate support contract for the same.

Also any future add-on's on to CUWL can I incorporate the already purchased MeetingPlace instead of MeetingPlace Express which I got with CUWL.

BTW it's strange to know that Video Conference will be provided only with meetingplace express and not with meetingplace in CUWL.

-> Sushil

You can switch between the products if you like. This can be done via the PUT tool at no charge.

Additional addons can be managed via CUWL as well.

Finally, with MP 7.0, video conferencing for MP is included with CUWL.

Hi Michael,

That's great news that MP 7.0 will include video license as well with CUWL.

Howeveron the product migration part I was not able to get a clear picture.

Do you mean that if I have MPE ordered through CUWL, using PUT I'll be able to order new MP software and licenses at no additional cost OR is there any migration part number from MPE to MP which needs to be ordered.

How about the sessions, since with CUWL I'll get 1 session against 25 CUWL users. While migrating will I get the same number of sessions or I have any option of adding more sessions.

Michael, I'll appreciate if you can explain this using the part numbers taking an example of migrating from MPE to MP for 200 CUWL professional users.

Thanks.

-> Sushil

We will match the sessions when you move and provide the software. This is done entirely via PUT, no external order is needed. Unfortunately, I do not have the PUT part numbers offhand.

No problem Michael, thanks a lot for the clarification. I'll try t lay around with PUT and figure out the part numbers.

-> Sushil

Michael,

Because UCSS is a requirement of CUWL. Do you just buy 1 UCSS license that covers everything or do I have to buy individual UCSS for Call Manager, Unity, and IPCC like I do now.

You buy UCSS on CUWL, a single part. You do not need to buy a separate UCSS for component apps as these are included with CUWL UCSS.

Views
Helpful
Replies