Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT - COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER EXPRESS AND CISCO UNITY EXPRESS

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to get an update on Cisco Communications Manager Express (formerly CallManager Express) and Cisco Unity Express (CUE) with Cisco expert Tony Huynh. Tony Huynh is a technical marketing engineer for Cisco Callmanager Express (CME) at Cisco Systems, Inc. He is a (CCIE) Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert in routing, switching and voice with eight years of design and support experience in the information technology industry.

Remember to use the rating system to let Tony know if you have received an adequate response.

Tony might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through May 4, 2007. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

113 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT - COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER EXPRESS AND CISCO UN

I am running two seperate VLAN's (one for data one for voice)how would my PC (VL100) to connect to my network through my 7960G IP Phone(VL200), i imagine configuring the physical switchport either for trunkin or pruning, or something to confgiure through the CME(3.3) for the phone

Bronze

Hi,

The phone has a switch itself that is built it. As long as you configure the FE port (on the switch) that the phone connects to as a trunk port with dot1q encapsulation, it will detect the voice and data VLAN via CDP. Here is example of config for trunking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml

Regards,

Tony

After augmenting the AA in CUE other than changing the greeting is there any way to allow me to skip through the through when i call from an outside line straight through to the wanted extension

Bronze

Hi,

Assuming I understand your situation correctly, you are using CUE AA and wish to have drop-through-mode, similar to B-ACD and go directly to a pre-defined extension. You could customize your CUE AA by using CUE Editor - which is available on CCO.

Here is a document that explains what CUE editor provides and where to download.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

i think that you can help me in caller-di block feature:

I have configured ccme 4.1 with two controller E1 for PSTN and about 50 ephone-dn in dual-line mode.

When i put caller-id block under ephone-dn, the caller-id in the outbound is not blocked.

In every outbound call i see the calling ID.

This is the voice port configuration:

!

controller E1 0/0/0

clock source internal

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn overlap-receiving T302 5000

isdn not-end-to-end 64

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address .* plan unknown type unknown

isdn send-alerting

isdn sending-complete

no cdp enable

!

!

voice-port 0/0/0:15

input gain 10

echo-cancel coverage 32

playout-delay nominal 100

playout-delay mode fixed

cptone IT

timeouts call-disconnect infinity

music-threshold -70

!

I tried also with "clid strip name" and "clid strip" under outbound dial-peer pots but i think that these are for voip dial-peer only!

Any idea?

Thanks'

Diego

Bronze

Are you using 12.4(11)XJ2 or XJ1? Also, after you configured "caller-id block" underneath the ephone-dn, did you perform "create cnf" underneath telephony-service and reset the phone?

Release version is 12.4(11)XJ.

I don't perform create cnf-file, but i don't think that this is necessary!

I have another customer with the same release and the same configuration. I have configured the caller-id block code underneath telephony-service, and all work fine.

Regards

I am attemping to load background images. It just does not seem to work for me. I am using CME and attemping to load images as outlined in the instructions but when I go to the phone and attempt to load the image it is not in the file. I turned on debug TFTP-Serv and i can see the phone attempt to find List.xml.

What am I doing wrong? I need help!

Bronze

Did you make sure to add the list.xml file to the list of files that the tftp-server will serve?

tftp-server flash:list.xml

Tony,

I tried that with no results. Do I need to modify List.xml? or what if the TFTP debug shows that it's not asking for List.xml on restart?

after changing the encapsulation and allowing all vlans i am still unable to reach the inter net from pc is there something else ie. the phone or the pc

this is what my switchport looks like

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

switchport voice vlan 200

switchport port-security maximum 2

switchport port-security aging time 2

switchport port-security violation restrict

switchport port-security aging type inactivity

macro desciption cisco-phone

auto qos voip cisco-phone

spanning-tree portfast

spanning tree bpduguard enable

my PC is on vlan 1 and the phone vlan 200

Bronze

Can you check to see if the port membership for data is in vlan 1? If not, may want to specifically specify that native vlan is 1 with the following command:

switchport trunk native vlan 1

Also, you could configure a vlan interface and assign it an ip address. Then from there, you could try and ping out to the internet from the switch itself. This will determine whether problem is on switch or router.

i applied the switchport trunk native vlan 1 nothing up on the interface when i tried to ping the phone or anything beyond the i got destination host unreachable

hI

I recently took over as Network Manager for the SOuth Texas Public Safety E911 System and have several 2811 Routers that we do not know the Enable Password. We would like to know if there is any way to extract this password or any other means to default this router without having to get to the configuration mode (which we cannot due to lack of enable password)

THanks in advance for your help and suggestions

Dale

go to google and search for cisco password recovery

Bronze

You can use the password recovery procedure on the following page. You will need to reboot routers and have console access.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_tech_note09186a00801746e6.shtml

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have deployed a lot of 7911's with CME 4.1/4.(0)3.

Typlically the configuration and phone loads have been very simular. The CME router is the DHCP server for the VoIP VLAN.

We are using Extension Assigner (EA) to simplify the deployment. Great application - Thanks!!

But every 7911 must have it's settings erased before it will register to CME.

It seems to ignore the DHCP option 150 (TFTP server) setting, which is the loopback address of the CME router.

It only tries to connect to the factory 10.10.200.250 address.

If I add the 10.10.200.250 as a secondary address the 7911 phones register.

Without the secondary 10.10.200.250 address 7961 and 7970 phones register fine, it only seems to be an issue with the 7911 phones and doesn't seem to be dependant on firmware versions.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

Mike.

Bronze

Hi Mike,

It has been reported that some of the new 7911 phones have TFTP server parameters set to false. I suspect that the TFTP server option is set incorrectly on the phone by default. Can you check and see if the TFTP server option is suppose to be received by DHCP or statically configured?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I can confirm that the TFTP server option on 7911 is the same as configured in the DHCP scope.

The 7911's CallManager 1 option remains as previously configured server 10.10.200.250.

Regards,

Mike.

Bronze

So you are saying that the TFTP server option and IP address is populated correctly, but the CallManager 1 option is always 10.10.200.250 - unless you factory reset the phone correct?

If so, then I would recommend opening up a TAC case and have them file a defect for this.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Yes this is correct.

I will open a TAC Case, thanks.

Mike.

My customer has 2851 CCME router. And I created pick up groups for some ip phone users.

For example ; ip phone users userA userB userC in the same pickup group .

!

userA>> ephone-dn 23 dual-line

number 5780

pickup-group 10

ephone-dn 25 dual-line

userB>> number 5775

pickup-group 10

!

userC>> ephone-dn 26 dual-line

number 5787

pickup-group 10

problem is : if someone from outside calls userA s DID and if the userB wants to pickup the call (by pressing Grppick up and * star button. ), the call automatically answered from userB s ip phone.

But userB says that she wanna see the callerID which is calling userA, and if it is not a customer she doesnt wanna answer the call. Maybe the calling person is a friend of the userA

I mean if you pick up a call, the call is automatically answered.

but what i wanna see on the display of my ephoe callerID and calling ID.

coz think if 10 members in the same pickup group. But when i pick the call up , i dun know whose call i picked up.

In callmanager express how can I solve this issue. Or it is desing and nothing to do ,because Customer doesnt want to use hunt group number L

Thanks a lot

Bronze

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to see caller-id before you choose to exercise the pick-up group option - is this correct? If so, then this is not currently available. What you could do is configure IP Phones in overlay-dn fashion, which will show caller-id on all the phones before answering.

Regards,

Tony

hi

"flash:c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-12.bin"

ccme 3.3

cue Global 2.3.1

to which version can i upgrade my ccme and also should i upgrade CUE version if i upgrade CCME.

also the only thing that i should do is upgrading ios to upgrade ccm version. am i right?or should i upgrade phone firmware also/

what is the upgrade procedure if ccme and cue run together.

\which files exatly should i upgrade.

which ios should i use for the lates ccme/ ccme 4.1

thanks a lot

Bronze

Hi,

You can upgrade your CME to any version that you like, as long as your router meets the minimum platform requirements for the CME version you wish to run. Here is list of specifications for each CME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/prod_installation_guide09186a00805acf50.html

On the above link, click on the links on the right side that correspond to the CME you wish to upgrade to.

Also, here is roadmap of features by CME version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807f6f5e.html

Regards,

Tony

disconnect cause 1F

i got ccme 2851 router and also i have pri line.

Even the under controller E1 there is no any error , intermittenly the calls drop.

debug isdn q931 output shows Disconnect cause=1F

any idea?

output of debug q931 is below.

Also another thing happens.

scenario like that.

-some1 from pstn calls the operator and wanna talk with a person

- operator holds the calling one by pressing transfer button an operator calls the person if s/he is available

- if the person is not available the operator resumes the call

- at that time ip phone screen still show connected and time still goes on counting , there is no audio between operator and calling person

- no audio and calling person closes the phone

- caliing person calls again ans says to the operator 'i couldnt hear you'

debug isn q931 for droped calls

Mar 12 12:55:24.724: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x1702

Cause i = 0x829F - Normal, unspecified

Mar 12 12:55:24.728: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/0/0:2 disconnected from 05325414916 , call lasted 117 seconds

Mar 12 12:55:24.728: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x9702

Mar 12 12:55:24.736: %VOIPAAA-5-VOIP_CALL_HISTORY: CallLegType 1, ConnectionId 7FE383BC CFCF11DB A2930019 55A6CDD8, SetupTime 12:53:24.846 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, PeerAddress 5722, PeerSubAddress , DisconnectCause 1F , DisconnectText normal, unspecified (31), ConnectTime 12:53:27.426 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, DisconnectTime 12:55:24.736 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, CallOrigin 1, ChargedUnits 0, InfoType 2, TransmitPackets 0, TransmitBytes 0, ReceivePackets 5773, ReceiveBytes 923680

Mar 12 12:55:24.776: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x1702

Mar 12 12:55:24.780: %VOIPAAA-5-VOIP_CALL_HISTORY: CallLegType 1, ConnectionId 7FE383BC CFCF11DB A2930019 55A6CDD8, SetupTime 12:53:24.840 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, PeerAddress 05325414916, PeerSubAddress , DisconnectCause 1F , DisconnectText normal, unspecified (31), ConnectTime 12:53:27.440 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, DisconnectTime 12:55:24.740 UTC Mon Mar 12 2007, CallOrigin 2, ChargedUnits 0, InfoType 2, TransmitPackets 5773, TransmitBytes 969864, ReceivePackets 5864, ReceiveBytes 938240

tr#

Bronze

Disconnect cause code of 31 is unspecified cause code. From the debugs, it is the PSTN side that is disconnecting the call. Please check with them and determine why intermittently, the call is dropped on the PSTN side. One possible reason could be that there is no audio cut through - causing PSTN user to hang up. Would recommend opening up a TAC case and go through troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

disconnect cause 1F not 31 :)

still do you think it is pstn side problem

? do you think that should i upgrade ccme version ?

also in switch configs i made only voice vlan and data vlan config but didnt make any mls qos config. can it be related

to disconnect issue ?

thanks a lot

Bronze

1f is hex value for 31. Regardless, you may want to troubleshoot with TAC to determine what is happening to cause PSTN side to hang up - perhaps they are hearing dead air, etc. I don't believe the qos configs are the cause of the problem and I wouldn't upgrade CME versions unless there was a bug identified or I need a new feature that a newer CME version gives me.

Regards,

Tony

Views
Helpful
Replies