Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASK THE EXPERT - CONSOLIDATE COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation for small and medium business. For a one-week period, small and medium business and technology leaders and Cisco engineers are available to continue discussing issues and ideas from scheduled live web broadcasts.

This is an opportunity to learn with experts Felicia Ferranti and Marlowe Fenne how to consolidate your small and medium business communications infrastructure. As a Cisco Unified Communications (voice over IP) expert, Felicia Ferranti has helped customers to evaluate their short and long term requirements and successfully implement the appropriate configuration of Cisco offerings. Her customers range in size from 10 to 55 locations and from 20 to 9000 IP phones. Marlowe Fenne is a solutions marketing manager for the Cisco Unified Communications system, with responsibility for Cisco's mid-market communications portfolio. He is a technical expert with more than 12 years of product management and marketing experience in voice systems, networking, and convergence technologies.

Remember to use the rating system to let Felicia and Marlowe know if you have received an adequate response.

They might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through October 4, 2006. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: ASK THE EXPERT - CONSOLIDATE COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE

Any idea of the average Bandwidth per user required for each phone?

Does anyone know more about how IM works with Cisco IP Phones?

Thanks,

Bill

Cisco Employee

Each phone call can be compressed to 8K per call without IP overhead, and 16K with IP overhead a safe planning number is 20K per call. Another consideration is that you could get approximately 75 calls on a data T1 using G.729a compression

On your second question on how IM works with phones, what specifically are you interested in.

Community Member

dear all

i have a problem in VoIP

that is when i call from one site to another site if in the another site nobody answer the call also if iterminate the call , in another site the phone ring away.

please help me

regards

Cisco Employee

What you will need to do is open a case with Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC). The number to call is 800-553-2447 or you can open a case online http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do or http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/index.html and they can assist you through your problem. Thank you for contacting us.

Community Member

What is the typical WAN bandwidth requirement for VOIP for a location with about 50 users? The bandwidth would be shared with Citrix ICA traffic as well as telnet and ssh for legacy green-screen applications.

Thanks

Lisa

Cisco Employee

Lisa, if I understand your question correctly, here are the considerations.

Each phone call can be compressed to 8K per call without IP overhead, and 16K with IP overhead a safe planning number is 20K per call. Another consideration is that you could get approximately 75 calls on a data T1 using G.729a compression

I hope this answers your quesiton.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content