Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASK THE EXPERT- CRS 2 & CRS 3 - CUSTOMER RESPONSE SOLUTIONS

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss CRS 2 & CRS 3 Customer Response Solutions with Cisco expert Dustin Grant. Dustin is a customer support engineer for the Voice Escalation Team at the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Cisco Systems, Inc. Dustin joined Cisco in 1999 and has been working with AVVID products for over 3 years. Dustin has co-authored an upcoming Cisco Press book "Cisco Unity: Deployment and Solutions Guide". Dustin is a triple CCIE, #5803, in Routing/Switching, ISP-Dial and Voice. Feel free to post any questions relating to CRS 2 & CRS 3 Customer Response Solutions. Remember to use the rating system to let Dustin know if you’ve received an adequate response.

Dustin might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through October 3. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

39 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT- CRS 2 & CRS 3 - CUSTOMER RESPONSE SOLUTIONS

Hi Dustin,

Question regarding maintaining multiple versions of scripts for CRS:

We have many CRS/IPCC customers all at different software versions (2.2, 3.02, 3.03, 3.1). I wondering if there is a way to have the application script editor for each of these versions loaded on my laptop at the same time. Right now, the only workaround I have is to TS into the customers CRS server, and edit the scripts there. Some of these clients are dialup or VPN access only so being able to edit the scripts locally on my laptop would be a plus. Opening a script written in another version will convert it to new version automatically which is not desired.

Is this possible?

Shawn

NETech Corp.

Bronze

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this.

The way that I deal with this problem is to use VMWare (www.vmware.com). Using multiple virtual machines, you can boot up different versions as you desire.

Hi Dustin, does the share Desktop_cfg need the “Everyone” account? I would like to lock the share down and only have the authorized agents with the ability to read and write. Also, will this change in the future, where only a read access is required.

Thanks,

Tom.

Ginger says Hi and wanted to know when the Unity book will be available.

Bronze

The everyone account is not required, but you do need to make sure that the Agents have read/write access to the share, and I have not heard that this will change.

The book should be out early next year.

Blue

dugrant,

I have heard that the mapping of drive's for CAD is going to go away in CRS 4.0 and they are going to use LDAP instead. Can you confirm this? It would great. It doesn't make any sense to have to map a drive. Our company has many software developers and none of or apps require a mapped drive for licensing, there are many other ways to accomplish it.

Bronze

I checked with the product team, and the plan is that there will be no dependency on file sharing in 4.0.

I'm taking the CRS test and I can't find any documentation on "enhanced workflow steps," something that is required to understand for the test. Any idea?

Bronze

I beleive the "enhanced" refers to ICD enhanced, there are several steps that become available when you purchase the ICD enhanced license. I dont have an exact list, but they are all in the Step reference guide. If you study up on all the Steps, you will be good to go.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/step_ref/icd.htm#1025557

One of my users has asked for the following setup:

If an agent is available in the Main queue, the call is connected. (If multiple agents are available, the one who has waitied the longest should get the call) If no one is available, the Reception queue is checked. If an agent is available in the Reception queue is available, the call is connected. If not, the call returns to the Main queue, and the checking continues until the call is connected or abandons. During the checking, “Hold Music” should be playing. At intervals of 30 seconds, a “Hold Message” should play: “Thank you for your patience. All of our City Service Representatives are helping other callers. At this time, your anticipated wait is n seconds/minutes. Please continue to hold”.

I've gotten the script to check the main queue for available agents, if none are available, it uses an "if" statement and checks the reception queue, if none available - music plays, etc. -- my problem is that if an agent becomes available in the "reception" queue while the call is on hold - the call is not connected. It's like if I miss my chance to connect to the "reception" queue on my first pass - it never checks again. What am I missing? Thanks.

Bronze

Is your script looping back again to check the status of the queue? You can use a GOTO and a LABEL to do this.

It does. The step prior to If (CSQ_Reception_Ready ==0) is a label called "queueloop". After on-hold, music, off-hold, a please continue to hold prompt I have a goto that points to "queueloop". If the agent goes ready while call is in queue, they are never presented the call after cycling back through "queueloop". Is this the best way to check for an available agent in a second queue? Thanks.

Bronze

After you check the Reception Queue, and there is an available agent, are you using a Select Resource Step to de-queue the caller?

Also, is the Get Reporting Stat step to get the other queue's status run every time you run through the loop? You need to do the Get Reporting Stat every time you loop in order to have up to date info.

We discovered it was the Get Reporting Step yesterday before lunch. We weren't checking it everytime we moved through the loop. So, you nailed the problem. Thanks!

Bronze

Dustin,

I am running 2.2(5). I have a question about the dial-by-name directory. When a person accesses this in the CRA script it reads out each letter of the person's name instead of a spoken name from the user. Is there a way to do this? Unity has all of the spoken names, is there a way to maybe transfer the call to unity instead?

Geoff

Bronze

In 2.2, there is no TTS (text to speech) capability. 3.x does have this ability, and it works the way you are asking.

Transferring to Unity is definately possible, Unity has its own AA so you could abandon the CRA AA altogether.

Hello Dustin,

I am running 2.2(5) on box with CM 3.3(2). I have a custom greeting that is playing when CRS picks up. My problem is that after the custom prompt plays the caller is still prompted to press 1 if they want to dial an extension and press 2 if they want to dial by name. Is there a way to allow caller inout of an extension from the very beggining of the greeting that does not require the 1 or 2 choice? I want a caller to be able to entern an extension, say 219, as soon as CRS answers and get routed to extension 219.

Thanks in advance!!!

Bronze

Yes, you will have to modify your aa.aef script using the CRA Editor. You will have to add a Parse Input step after your greeting, and also make sure the greeting is "interruptable".

Thanks for the info. TAC is syaing that in order to get the CRA Editor ans makes changes to the script I have to be licensed for the full IP IVR software. Is this correct? I installed the AA using Extended Services. I only want to make the one change as mentioned before.

Bronze

Yes, this is true. The generic AA script is free, if you want to customize it you need to buy the license.

Question regarding CRS reports and Recording/Monitoring.

Dustin,

I have few questions regarding reports and recording/silent monitoring. I would appreciate your reply on these questions.

1. Almost in all CRS installs I have done so far, I

always run into issues with the default reports

available in the Historical reporting.

Customer's requirement is to track calls handled by an agent, the total number of calls should include calls via ICD queue and direct calls of the agent inbound/outbound. Customer has ICD Enhanced 3.1 version. Which report will provide this information, the agent detail reports shows any number received/dialed from the agent phone, it even shows the agent accessing the voice mail. Customer isn't happy with agent detail report. Is there any other report that will provide that information.

2. In a centralized CallManager/ICD Setup, we have

agents at remote locations. They login over the

WAN to be part of the queue. Can the supervisor

at the central location record/monitor the remote agent's phone call. If this can be accomplished what is the requirement. Do we need a separte VoIP Server at the remote location to implement this solution. Can it be accomplished without a separate server at remote location.

3. Is there any change in the way recording/silent monitoring is done in the upcoming or future releases of CRS software. Is it still going to depend on the SPAN?

Thanks for your time.

Bronze

You can customize your reports, checkout:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_administration_guide09186a00801bbed0.html

You will need to have a VoIP monitor server at the remote site. CRS 3.1 supports multiple/remote VoIP monitor servers, and they rely on SPAN.

Hello Mr. Dustin:

I know this is off the subject but I would like to know where myself, and a co-worker who already has his CCNA can receive training, or light experience. We are located in Fayetteville, NC 45min out of Raleigh. We want to receive some training before we leave the service.

Thank You

Charles

Bronze

I recommend doing everything necessary to prepare for the CCIE (even though this may not be your goal).

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/voice/

Specific information on classes to learn for the CCIE:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/voice/training.html

Gold

Is there a supported way to determine a certain ICD agent's extension and state from a script?

Our application is a managed network care service, where people call in and if they have an existing ticket number, we would like to route them to the agent that last handled their ticket conditional on their availability. Very similar to Cisco's TAC, really. We are able to look up their ticket and based on that, get a username to look up as a CRS agent.

There is no way that I can see to get that into a CRS 'User' variable - as a matter of fact, the only thing I see that can populate a User variable is the Name to User step, which is not what I want. So I can't use that to discover the extension, and it doesn't give me their availability anyway. We tried having CRS dip right into the db_crs database Resource table, which gets us partway there, but the types for both the agent username and the extension aren't supported data types by the application editor.

Our last resort hack is to have a seperately maintained database with name to extension mappings, but that still doesn't get me to their availability state or into the User variable for Get User Info step that would get me their Spoken Name to play back for the calling party.

Just looking for a second opinion before we go down a suboptimal path. Maybe though you can ring the clue phone for me?

Congratulations on the Voice CCIE - I passed on September 5th. Were you one of the developers?

Hi Dustin,

I am working with a script in ICD Enhanced 3.0(2). The script collects the calling party ID of an incoming call, and uses a DBRead / DBGet step to query a SQL database. If the calling party ID has been entered into the SQL database, specific caller information (account number, account name, etc...) is placed into script variables. Once the script has selected an agent to receive the call, SetEnterpriseData steps are used to pass the values in the script variables to Enterprise Data custom fields, and then the workflow invokes a macro that passes the values of certain Enterprise Data custom fields to a web page for popup to the agent. All of which works as desired, with the following exception:

When an agent receives such a call and transfers the call to another agent, it appears that the Enterprise Data does not follow the call. The ANI, DNIS and other information specific to the call is available, but any of the Enterprise Data custom fields that were populated from the external database are null. Is this the normal behavior of the product, or am I missing something that I can use to cause the Enterprise Data to follow along when a call is transferred?

Thanks,

Christopher Kearney

Greenwich Technology Partners

Hi Dustin,

I am working with a script in ICD Enhanced 3.0(2). The script collects the calling party ID of an incoming call, and uses a DBRead / DBGet step to query a SQL database. If the calling party ID has been entered into the SQL database, specific caller information (account number, account name, etc...) is placed into script variables. Once the script has selected an agent to receive the call, SetEnterpriseData steps are used to pass the values in the script variables to Enterprise Data custom fields, and then the workflow invokes a macro that passes the values of certain Enterprise Data custom fields to a web page for popup to the agent. All of which works as desired, with the following exception:

When an agent receives such a call and transfers the call to another agent, it appears that the Enterprise Data does not follow the call. The ANI, DNIS and other information specific to the call is available, but any of the Enterprise Data custom fields that were populated from the external database are null. Is this the normal behavior of the product, or am I missing something that I can use to cause the Enterprise Data to follow along when a call is transferred?

Thanks,

Christopher Kearney

Greenwich Technology Partners

Bronze

Yes, this is normal because when you transfer the call directly to the agent, you are bypassing the script. The script is the one that populates that enterprise data and sends it to the agent.

I havent tried this, but you may be able to create a new RP with a new script that sets the enterprise data. The RP could be extension 555xxxx, and when you transfer to 555xxxx (xxxx is the extension) the call hits the script, populates the data and transfers the call to xxxx.

This would only work if the first agent has completed transferring before the script transfers the call again. This may not be acceptable to you though.

I have recently installed ICD 3.0 Standard Bundle and am getting ready to deploy it. However, I keep running into the following problem:

After 2 agents login into Agent Desktop, any subsequent login attempt by other agents get an error that states, "A Licensing error has occured. Please wait 5 mins and try again..."

I have read many posts that say that it is a CTI Manager issue and to restart the CTI manager, however, that does not correct the problem in my case. I am under the understanding that the Standard 3.0 ICD Bundle comes with 10 agents, so I don't feel it really is a licensing error. I have also made sure that all the agents have read/write access to the desktop config share on the server. This issue will occur to agents who have sucessfully logged in before.

Bronze

Can you take a look at the agent.log file, and see if you see any errors having to do with "license"

Also, try accessing Desktop_cfg\Desktop\License share, and try to create a file.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content