Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT- INTEGRATED MULTI-CHANNEL CUSTOMER CONTACT

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss Integrated Multi-Channel Customer Contact with Cisco expert Walter Kenrich. Walter’s is the Product Manager for the Intelligent Contact Management (ICM) Enterprise Edition in Cisco’s Customer Contact Business Unit. In this role, Walter provides overall direction on the current and future development of the ICM Enterprise Edition including the multichannel components (i.e. Web Collaboration Option, E-Mail Manager Option and Outbound Campaign Option) of ICM. Feel free to post any questions relating to Multi-Channel Customer Contact. Remember to use the rating system to let Walter know if you’ve received an adequate response.

Walter might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through February 28. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

14 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT- INTEGRATED MULTI-CHANNEL CUSTOMER CONTACT

Hello Walter,

I have Cisco Collaboration Server 4.0. We got this as a replacement for WebEx. We do desktop sharing in a one to one and one to many fashion. We have found the desktop sharing functionality to be lacking in response time. The refresh rate has been pretty slow from the start. Have any improvements been made to the desktop sharing functionality? We tend to do training session for 50 to 60 people at a time.

Thanks,

Travis

As part of our release testing (in Collaboration 4.0 and 5.0) we always do load and performance testing for all of applications to ensure expected load and perfomance levels. As for you particular situation I would encouage you to call our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) as the issues you are seeing could be configuration related or network issues. But without having the benefit of the full architecture, I do not want to mis-lead you.

Hello Walter,

have any revisions been made to the license fees for Cisco Collaboration Server 5.0 which I believe is now called the Web Collaboration Option correct? At last review it was about $1500 per seat which makes it a little expensive when a company wants to have about 50-60 seats. I have purchased a competitors product as well and got 50 licenses for under $5000.00.

Yes we did dramatically change the pricing model for Web Collaboration 5.0 to make the agent seat licensing more in-line with our competition. You should contact your Account Manager for the full details of this new pricing structure.

Are there any plans for a single agent desktop application that covers e-mail, web and voice?

Mark.

With 5.0 there exists the capability to build a unfied desktop across all the meda channels, but right now we do not offer one "out of the Box".

However, we do intend on building a single UI across media channels in a future release.

Are there any plans to develop CAD into a multi media desktop or is the future direction based on CTI-OS? If v5.0 is based around CTI-OS will there be an upgrade path for customers who have already deployed CAD?

For version 5.0 we have both CAD and CTI-OS desktops (for voice only) available for customers.

As we move forward we do have plans to build a single desktop for all the media channels (voice, web, e-mail). With that being said we are determining at this time the best path/platform in which to build this offereing in our future release. Furthermore, we will need to offer customers a migration path to this new desktop as we move forward.

Hi! Mr Walter,

I have worked for the Call Center department of my company for several weeks, and find the CTI version is just Cisco ICM. We use desktop client programmed by Visual Basic to interact with CTI server and represent the softphone.

My question is how to get the waiting call numbers in the trunk group or skill group from the ICM. The reason is that I just want to display this status for the agents at the desktop so that they would know currently how many calls are waiting and then they could adjust their working speed.

I think this is not a difficult question. However, from the cisco ICM documents, I cannot get the useful methods in VB to accomplish this function.

So, Mr Walter, could you please help me to solve this problem?

Regards

Unfortunately I am not a CTI expert. However, which documents are you referencing? Also have you contacted our Tencnical Assistance Center or our Advanced Services group?

My customer wants to create 3 queues for billing, Credit and Emergency services, and one other queue "overflow" to backup for the 3 queues if no agents are available in one of the 3 queues.

My questions are:

1. For the 3 queues, do I need create 3 RoutePoints(different Pilot DN) in Callmanager for each queue? If only one hotline Number for the 3 Queues, how to design?

2. Does the Cisco ICD support one queue to backup other queue? If does, how to configure it?

Please give comments

Thanks

Jack

You can do this in several ways

One way is to use only one route point and have one menu like "press 1 for Billing, 2 for emergency..." The you can try to "put" the call in the billing queue(with the Select Resource step). If its full (stays in the queued step) then you dequeue this call and "put" it in the overflow queue (with the select resource step.

If you need more help I would suggest contacting Cisco Advanced Services and they can help you with experts in creating routing scripts

I would like to know if you can specify which MASTER/REPEATER a SLAVE bridge(all bridges are 350) will associate to. We are experiencing diffucties with our slaves picking up the master and not the repeater. There is not total isolation frome the master to the slave so it seems like it is choosing the master over the closer repeater. If you have any info on this topic I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Richard

This topic line discussion is centered around "Call Centers" and how the Intelligent Contact Management software (ICM) plays a role in that environment. I think you need to contact the router group. sorry

Views
Helpful
Replies