Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT- IOS FEATURE NAVIGATOR

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss IOS feature navigator with Cisco expert Martin Coombes. Martin manages the feature navigator support team. Feel free to post any questions relating to IOS feature navigator.

Martin may not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through October 5. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

8 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT- IOS FEATURE NAVIGATOR

I have a more of a general question. I was wondering why some features that are in a Cisco IOS Software release don't show up in the Cisco Feature Navigator?

TIA

Cisco Employee

Pam, if you could be more specific, I can try to answer clearly. Sometimes a "feature" might be considered a variation or sub-feature of another, and so not listed in Cisco Feature Navigator (CFN). We do not list CLI commands in CFN, and there can sometimes be a fine line between whether or not a new CLI command or option should be considered a new "feature".

I was wondering if you have any idea what feature enhancements are being planned for Feature Navigator?

TIA

Mike

Cisco Employee

Mike,

we are currently looking at various enhancement based on and prioritized by users requests . So please let us know if there's something you'd like to see. What we have on the radar screen is:

- a tool to display the MIBs in a given Cisco IOS image,

- an enhanced searching/browsing capability for identifying features through synoynms or technology categories,

- additional Cisco IOS Trains

No dates have been set for any of these.

regards

Martin

Are there any plans to provide information about features planned in future IOS releases,

and about integration of features currently existing in some trains into other trains in the future?

Cisco Employee

No plans to include future release information in CFN.

The Cisco IOS Roadmap at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/roadmap.shtml

might help with understanding of how trains merge into other trains.

Hello,

I was looking for the software release, that supports 802.1q on Cisco 1750 platform. I found many referals to that technology in 1750 marketing materials, but I don't see 1750 in the list of the platform supported with IEEE 802.1Q VLAN feature.

At the moment I am using Cisco 1750 IOS 12.2 with Plus feature set. It doesn't support 802.1q. Could you recommend me the software, that supports 802.1q.

Cisco Employee

The 1750 model does not support 802.1Q.

You'll need a 1710 or 1751/1751-V, which all support 802.1Q

Views
Helpful
Replies