Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASK THE EXPERT- PERSONAL ASSISTANT

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss Cisco Personal Assistant, a CallManager companion application, with Cisco expert Monica Shen Knotts. Monica is a Product Engineer in Cisco’s Enterprise Voice, Video Business Unit. Feel free to post any questions relating to Cisco Personal Assistant.

Monica might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through May 24. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

20 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT- PERSONAL ASSISTANT

I was wondering when ICD 3.0 would be available?

Thank you for posting messages to the Cisco Networking Professionals “Ask the Expert” event. Although we do appreciate members like you who post messages to our expert events in order to foster conversation, we encourage users to only post messages that fit under the designated event topic. We recommend posting your message in the more suitable IP Telephony topic in order to increase your chances of receiving a response.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail them to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com

Best regards,

Cisco Moderator

www.cisco.com/go/netpro

we are able to test Cisco IVR on AS5300 with G.729 on VoIP leg. Now we don't have a way to convert our PCM files to G.729 Cisco format. Is there any tool(s) available or any other information available for this.

thanks

-ajay

Thank you for posting messages to the Cisco Networking Professionals “Ask the Expert” event. Although we do appreciate members like you who post messages to our expert events in order to foster conversation, we encourage users to only post messages that fit under the designated event topic. We recommend posting your message in the more suitable IP Telephony topic in order to increase your chances of receiving a response.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail them to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com

Best regards,

Cisco Moderator

www.cisco.com/go/netpro

We are in the process of installing PA for a customer, do the media and jtapi ports need to be registered to the "active" CCM (Subscriber), or is it ok to register to Publisher?

When installing ... PA asks for the CCM Publisher, for the DC directory location, etc. which PA needs for installation. The media and jtapi ports can be on other CCM platforms.

Hi guys

Have installed PA 1.3, but am having problems getting it to intercept calls. Calls to a PA managed phone go straight through to ringing the phone extension without being intercepted by PA. What is worrying me is that the CTI route point for the personal assistant (i.e the number that users would dial to access the personal assistant for changing rules by phone etc) is not available from phones in the Managed_by_PA partition, or any other phones for that matter. In the CTI route point table in call manager it says that the status is not registered and there is no IP address associated. Does this mean that Call Manager is having problems locating the PA server? I am not sure whether this is the problem either, because I can access the directory on the call manager from the PA server. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Mike

The fact that the ip address is not showing up in the route table is the issue you have to get over. The user associated with PA needs to have the route points assoicated with them. That shold do the trick.

I have a user defined on Call Manager called PA. This user has the PA_Route_point and the Interceptor port associated with it. I am guessing that the personal assistant server registers with Call Manager with the PA username? Maybe I am missing something obvious! Any ideas?

I have installed PA 1.2.3 in a test environment and have finally got dial rules working. However, any type of voice interaction (dialling access RP for PA, call screen info on dial info) i get nothing. Accessing PA to voice dial for example results in the call being dropped. First time users diallinmg this number are asked to record names, which it allows and i think stores, but any further use and the calls are dropped. Call screening results in 'Please hold whilst locating', dial the destination, i pick up and receive fast busy and the call ends up at original destination.

Also two PA users calling each other receive busy, i have checked the fix mentioned in CSCdv50999 but this failed to resolve.

Any ideas ?

I am so glad you have got this problem. I have exactly the same - 2 PA users can not call each other. I have had a TAC case open for 6 months with this one and still no resolution. I was begining to think it was just me.

I've tried the workaround and it did not fix it and now the TAC guy has me running round in circles asking for traces again and again. If I ever get a resolution I'll let you know.

Paul

I might suggest testing with PA 1.3.1. What version of CCM are you using? (PA 1.3 is compatible with CCM3.2) Might suggest the procedure in the PA 1.3 Admininstration Guide at page 3-1. They are quite detailed. I just set a lab up with these instructions without any problems. Hope this helps.

CCM version is 3.1.2.c. have been trying to download 1.3 from cco but the file keeps corrupting in transit and at over 500Mb i only get to try once or twice a day

Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank Michael Lewandowski, the PA technical marketing engineer, for answering the installation/deployment questions for us.

As the product manager, I have an update for those who have not yet heard: We released Personal Assistant 1.3 in March, which provides localization to French, French Canadian, German, and UK English. We are pleased to support these international markets.

Regards,

Monica Shen Knotts

Q1- When will G729 codec be supported in PA?

I have a large enterprise with many remote location with Frame-Relay links to corporate and they are interested in Cisco AVVID/PA, but do not want to extend PA functionality to the remotes over G711 (across the WAN).

Also, the current PA version 1.3.1 still creates duplicates when synchronizing PA address book with Exchange contacts (phone number format problem).

Q2- When will this sync issue be fixed?

Cisco Employee

We have requested our speech recognition vendor to support G.729 - PA will not be able to support G.729 unless the ASR engine does also.

The sync issue should be fixed in 1.3(1). If you are still having an issue, please open a TAC case (and you can reference me as a contact person).

Monica

Hi Robert

I have a queston for you. Address book aren't syncronized when I tried to sync. PA address book with exchange contact . The error message is Exchange contact is already in syncronization or no exchange server connnected. My exchange is on the Unity. Users have no problem to send and receive email. I am wondering where I can setup exchange server information in the PA in order to PA can send syncronization to this exchange server. I couldn't find anywhere. Could you answer me? Thanks a lot.

I have a basic concept question of PA. If define route point as wild mask such as 1xxx, does it mean the call between PAmanagedphones won't intercept by PA, am I right? Because when I was readingv the PA documetation, it doesn't mention how to intercept calls between PAmanagedphones. I thought maybe there is no need to do this in customer scenario for calls intercetped between PAmanagedphones.

I'm very interested in evaluating Personal Assistant. How can I obtain a demo/eval version of the PA software? I looked in the Software Connection, and all I could find were PA upgrades.

Is there an evaluation version of PA available for download?

Thanks,

Tim Medley, CCDA, CCNP+Voice

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

Have your Cisco sales team contact me, and I can get them a demo/eval copy.

Monica

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content