Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASK THE EXPERT- THE RESIDENCY PROGRAM

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss The Residency Program with Cisco expert Steve Hatch. Steve is a Director in the Intelligent Network Services Management Business Unit. He has responsibility for enabling the deployment of Cisco INSMBU OSS products and integrated offers through Cisco and its Systems Integrator and deployment partners. Feel free to post any questions relating to The Residency Program. Remember to use the rating system to let Steve know if you’ve received an adequate response.

Steve might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through January 17. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

8 REPLIES

Re: ASK THE EXPERT- THE RESIDENCY PROGRAM

hello,

could i use a cisco router 26xx series as a gatekeeper and an ip gateway( for Internet traffic and traffic that needs routing to a different network) ,assuming that the router running the IOS 12.2(5).

please reply at this e-mail address :jacob@teltac.com

regards,

jacob

Jacob, this question is not related to the topic of the Cisco Internet OSS Residency Program so I would suggest you post it in the Network Infrastructure forum.

I've never heard of the Residency Program. Can you please explain what it's all about?

Bill

In the complex and diverse environment of operations support systems (OSSs), every service provider has a unique operations infrastructure, including its underlying network, staffing procedures, and capabilities. Knowledge of these systems is distributed across many organizations and individuals, with no single source possessing all of the knowledge necessary to maximize customer value and satisfaction. Combined with time-to-market and competitive pressures, there is a compelling need for timely and comprehensive sharing of information between the partners who are collectively providing the network; element management systems (EMS) and network management systems (NMS); and related services needed to satisfy the requirements and expectations of Cisco customers.The Cisco Internet OSS Residency Program was created to increase Cisco customer and partner satisfaction with the development, implementation, operation, and support of Cisco OSS solutions. The program provides a forum for focused knowledge transfer and exchange between nominated stakeholders and subject-matter experts with Cisco technology expertise and real-life deployment experience. The Residency Program facilitates the creation of collateral for the successful selling, deployment, and operation of Cisco technology-based networks. It enables industry stakeholders to communicate practical knowledge and innovative ideas for improving Cisco product functionality, usability, deployability, and supportability.Currently the Cisco Internet OSS Residency Program hosts about eight Residencies a year. Some of the past Residencies have included topics on "VPNSC," "Modular Router Deployment," "Cisco Packet Voice OSS," and "IE2100 ConfigEngine."

hi,

I want to do the CCIE please let me know where i should start from and what books i am going to need for the preparation of CCIE exam and Lab and do i need home lab to prepare for the Lab exam.

The Cisco Internet OSS Residency does not encompass the CCIE program. There is another portion of Ask the Expert which does speak to your questions. Please see the section entitled "Career Certifications" and in that section there is a subsection entitled "Certifications" which addresses your specific questions. Good luck!

Bronze

How can I become a Resident for a particular Residency?

Participation in a Residency is by invitation only. Both Cisco staff and external participants are invited to participate in a residency. Candidates are selected based on prerequisites related to the subject, complementary skills, and experience.

Residents represent Cisco technical professionals, business partners, and customers. Residents from outside of Cisco include deployment partners, systems integrators, network integrators, ISVs, training partners, and customers. Cisco residents are selected from systems engineers, consulting systems engineers, technical marketing engineers, and professional services from each of the worldwide regions, and from the Customer Advocacy, NSITE, Development Engineering, Quality Assurance, Solutions Engineering, and Network Architect teams.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content