Views
Helpful
Replies

OS Credentials

eugeneg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've just installed FindIT on a laptop running WinDoze 8.1, FindIT wants OS Credentials in order to run nut it won't accept my local login and password, how do I get around this?  Does FindIT expect the computer to be a member of a domain?

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it doesn't have to be part of a domain, though it certainly can be.  It should work with any valid user defined on the PC.  The reason for the prompt is that there is a FindIT service that is shared by all users on the PC, and the software initially prompts for your credentials to ensure that settings for one user do not get read or overwritten by another user.

What username and password are you providing at the prompt?  Are they the credentials for the currently logged in user, or a different one?  And does the user have admin privileges or not?  It shouldn't matter, but it would be good to confirm that.

Cheers,

Dave.

mvorndam1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm am running Windows 7 64 bit.  Findit is looking for OS Credentials and rejecting my standard log in (which has admin).  This is a 1st time installation for WAP317.

Is FindIT presenting you with an error message at all?  I don't suppose you could screenshot what you see could you?

Cheers,

Dave.

The problem I am having and I suspect everyone else, is that it's not clear if the "OS credential" login is the same as my login to the Cisco website. And there is no convenient prompt or useful quick explanations about if there is a difference and how to get credentials. I'm having the problem that I already solved this a year ago, but now I can't find my credenial info, can't remember how I got it or how I can reset or recover my credential info. Very frustrating. One too many User / passes for me to keep track of.

That's a fair point, and we probably should add some more explanatory information to that dialog box.  I'll see what we can do about that.

In the meantime, I'll just reiterate that the credentials are the same ones you use to log on to Windows, and are used to associate your FindIT settings with your userid in the event there are multiple users of FindIT on the same computer.

Cheers,

Dave.

JoeSemos27769
Level 1
Level 1

We don't have faced this type of problem because it same as you log in on Cisco, so you must go for deep to get a solution out from it. Find it is very much useful for Social networking with Content management.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: