Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Hypervisor

FIC
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

Can you please assist, i just need to find out if cisco firewpower management center can run on vmare esxi 6.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not yet. At the moment, the latest version (6.1.0.1) of FMC only supports esxi 6.0. The best place to check such information is the release notes for the particular product. Here is a link to the release notes for the 6.1.0.1 version:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/6101/relnotes/Firepower_System_Release_Notes_Version_6101.html

With that said, I have it running on esxi 6.5 in my home lab without any problems. However, it is not a supported version thus, it is not recommended that you do this in production environment. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not yet. At the moment, the latest version (6.1.0.1) of FMC only supports esxi 6.0. The best place to check such information is the release notes for the particular product. Here is a link to the release notes for the 6.1.0.1 version:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/6101/relnotes/Firepower_System_Release_Notes_Version_6101.html

With that said, I have it running on esxi 6.5 in my home lab without any problems. However, it is not a supported version thus, it is not recommended that you do this in production environment. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like Neno said is the official answer.

The release notes generally reflect what Cisco has tested and validated. Departure from the validated version introduces some technical risk. Depending on your risk acceptance level, that may or may not be OK in your environment.

I can confirm that I also have it running fine (so far!) on an ESXi 6.5 server.

Hello Marvin,

Hope your doing great.

I'm trying to install FMCv6.2.2 in vmware 6.5, using OVF deploy option in vmware, i'm not able to install it successfully, can you tell me what are the steps you followed when you deployed FMCv in 6.5 vmware version

Thank you so much

Basavaraj

What error(s) are you getting when trying to deploy the FMC in ESXi 6.5?

I don't recall the exact steps - it's been over a year. However I'm pretty sure I didn't vary from the installation guide.

If you wait a month or so for 6.2.3 you _might_ see ESXi 6.5 on the supported list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card