Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Manuel URL Wildcards

Trying to open www.google.com/recaptcha/*.* using wildcard at end of url and block www.goolge.com.  The allow is above block google.  I get it to block fine its the allow that is giving me trouble.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marvin,

If I am not wrong wildcards matching for custom URLs is not supported and FTD only supports sub-string matches only. But if there is a match for the URL it can filter both HTTP and HTTPS URLs without requiring SSL decryption.

I don't think if SSL decryption is requiring for URL filtering of HTTPS sites.

Vaibhav

View solution in original post

I was distinguishing between Uniform Resource Locator (U R L) vs. Uniform Resource Identifier (U R I).

URL plus the path = URI. If you do not do SSL decrypt, a Firepower or FTD sensor will not parse the path.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless you decrypt the SSL, you cannot filter on a URI - only the top level URL based on the domain name.

Hi Marvin,

If I am not wrong wildcards matching for custom URLs is not supported and FTD only supports sub-string matches only. But if there is a match for the URL it can filter both HTTP and HTTPS URLs without requiring SSL decryption.

I don't think if SSL decryption is requiring for URL filtering of HTTPS sites.

Vaibhav

I was distinguishing between Uniform Resource Locator (U R L) vs. Uniform Resource Identifier (U R I).

URL plus the path = URI. If you do not do SSL decrypt, a Firepower or FTD sensor will not parse the path.

Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card