cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Defense Center generates alerts on "URL filtering download failure"

Nazmul Rajib
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am receiving the following health alerts continuously on my Sourcefire Defense Center running software version 5.2. How can I stop this alert?

URL filtering download failure

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have the same error and TAC hasn't figure why the downloading is having an error. This seems like a problem that would come from a $200 dollar device without a good manufacture. This is the first I've experience this type of service from an Cisco device.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Nazmul Rajib
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reason

This issue may occur on a Sourcefire appliance after the URL filtering license is removed or expired. It affects all appliances running software version 5.2.x.

Solution

This issue is resolved in software version 5.3.0. Please update the software version of your Sourcefire appliance to 5.3.0 or greater to resolve this issue.

Well the issue is back on 5.4.1.2, and TAC has no answer. If anyone ever had this and figured out what it may be, please let me know.

Thanks

Tomasz 

I have same issue with Same version 5.4.1.2 . Module URL Filtering Monitor: URL Filtering download failure . Any update from Cisco TAC  ?..

I have same issue with version 5.3.1.5 URL Filtering download failure any updates??

I got the same URL Filtering download failure on a version 6.0.0 (build 1005).

Something new about this issue?

URL filtering download failures can be due to a variety of reasons: connectivity, packet malformation along the path, etc.. Please open a TAC case so that they can review your logs to identify why the download failed and provide you with a solution

I have the same error and TAC hasn't figure why the downloading is having an error. This seems like a problem that would come from a $200 dollar device without a good manufacture. This is the first I've experience this type of service from an Cisco device.

Hi kpendleton

After establishing a scheduled (daily) update the FireSight got the correct URL updated. This is still version 6.0.

Afterwards I've updated with patch 6.0.0.1 and the update runs correctly.

where can i set it for Daily Download?

At "Updates\Rule Updates"?

When i watch here

hhttp://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/117956-technote-sourcefire-00.html

I just found places to activate not to set a schedule...

check my attachment , its on V 6

but as i remember its close to it

Hm.. I configured this, but no rules are downloaded...

I try the 4 steps of Cloud Connectivity Issues, at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118852-technote-firesight-00.html

everything ok, but I still get:

"URL filtering download failure"

and Syslogs say:

Aug 30 2016 16:05:18 IRSFIREPOWER SF-IMS[18786]: [18790] CloudAgent:cloud_config [INFO] Peer with active URLFiltering: eea1c65c-644b-11e6-a895-f5552129ae4f

When I watch at: /var/sf/cloud_download

an wenn I search for bdcb or .bin files i dont found anything...

(???)

i had same as your issue , but i found out that i add the IP of the FirePOWER  under one of my rules that dont allow him to get updates . so i allowed him for all and that ssolved the issue for me.

Note : i had other issues with FireSIGHT Virtual Appliance it self and solved it by redeploy new one.

The System is just a testsystem so far, ich wanted to set it productive these days, when i put all settings to any-any then i got no Download, too... :-(

you should check if you have proxy in ur network , if you  have one you should configure the firepower for it , if not then  you should contact your reseller or cisco TACto help out in this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card